Blackhawks '17-18

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
A nice five game winning streak the past couple weeks. Big six game road trip, play teams in the northeast (Devils, Rangers) and go out west too (Oilers, Flames).

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
A nice five game winning streak the past couple weeks. Big six game road trip, play teams in the northeast (Devils, Rangers) and go out west too (Oilers, Flames).

Playing well, very nice to see. How 'bout Oesterle and Kempny? Yeah, need to sustain the mo on the road.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Crawford has given up 7 goals in during the 5 game winning streak. I wonder if people still think he's an average goalie.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Crawford has given up 7 goals in during the 5 game winning streak. I wonder if people still think he's an average goalie.

Crow should be in the Vezina hunt. Leads the league in save percentage and GAA. Criminally underrated.

Crow should be in the Vezina hunt. Leads the league in save percentage and GAA. Criminally underrated.

Agree. Some people will never get past his early time in Chicago where he let up some soft goals.

Two cups, Vezina level play as you state, and still disrespected in some circles.

Team MVP IMHO

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal

It's truly absurd. You watch, the next even remotely borderline goal he allows in a big situation, you'll have meatball fans pinning everything on him.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Um, yeah, they just got drilled by a Canuck team that had won only one out of last nine games. Now Crawford may be out for an extended period. Not looking so hot.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Um, yeah, they just got drilled by a Canuck team that had won only one out of last nine games. Now Crawford may be out for an extended period. Not looking so hot.

Forsberg made several great saves. This loss isn't on him. The back end wasn't good in this one. Definitely lapsing into mediocrity.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Blackhawks give up two in the last three minutes to blow a 3-1 lead, but Kane delivers early in OT and Hawks survive 4-3. Glass was pretty good in first NHL start.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Courtesy of Backyard Hockey on the HF board:

Much needed 2 points

Keith an absolute disaster.

Finally a goal from a D man and 2 pp goals - which should happen. Worst pk team in the league

PK unit gives up another goal. They have been terrible of late

Crazy but Hartman was arguably the best skater for the Hawks tonite.

Glass was very good. Saw waaaay too many shots.

First line terrible once again. Not a good thing when Lance Bouma is a better forward than anyone on the first line.

Toews with weak board battles and terrible turnovers. Third period shift where both he and Saad completely whiff on shots.

----------

Couldn't have said it better.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
I think people need to realize the decline in the play of Keith and Toews is ongoing and irreversible. It will be interesting going forward how the organization will proceed with rebuilding. Amazing how bad Saad and Panik have been as well. It will be a much different 5 or so years coming up as opposed to the previous decade we have enjoyed as fans.

Courtesy of Backyard Hockey on the HF board:

Much needed 2 points

Keith an absolute disaster.

Finally a goal from a D man and 2 pp goals - which should happen. Worst pk team in the league

PK unit gives up another goal. They have been terrible of late

Crazy but Hartman was arguably the best skater for the Hawks tonite.

Glass was very good. Saw waaaay too many shots.

First line terrible once again. Not a good thing when Lance Bouma is a better forward than anyone on the first line.

Toews with weak board battles and terrible turnovers. Third period shift where both he and Saad completely whiff on shots.

----------

Couldn't have said it better.

Goaltender making his NHL debut, ( I think, I know it was his first victory, but a rookie nonetheless ) and you allow him to face 42 shots?? :tsk::tsk:

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Total defensive **** show last night. Why Q chose to play 2 pylons (Franson & Seabs) against perhaps the fastest team in the league is unfathomable (w/Rutta and Kempny available). Q needs to go, the sooner, the better. Thank him for his service and offer to kick him upstairs. If he declines, fire him. Make Ulf interim HC and see if anything changes.

Agreed that the current regime may not be working anymore. At what point does Bowman gets blamed for where they are? I mean, Tallon essentially got fired for too many bad contracts and every bad contract on the books now (Seabs, Panik, Toews) was done by Stan.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
You want to put the guy who is in charge of a dismal defense in charge of the entire team?

He wouldn't trot Seabs and Franson out there against a very speedy team. Q has lost the room, he's gotta go. Don't like Ulf? Go with Dineen.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
It's weird to look at the standings and see the Hawks in last place in the central. Surely this stretch of eight games out of nine at home will make or break their playoff chances. Road games at Ottawa on Tuesday and at Detroit when the nine-game stretch ends are must wins also. Both those teams are pretty bad. 1-1 so far.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Agreed that the current regime may not be working anymore. At what point does Bowman gets blamed for where they are? I mean, Tallon essentially got fired for too many bad contracts and every bad contract on the books now (Seabs, Panik, Toews) was done by Stan.

Bowman has had a rough last few years. He made a big deal of talking about how last season was unacceptable. What does that make this season? The big trades from this past summer have been busts.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Bowman has had a rough last few years. He made a big deal of talking about how last season was unacceptable. What does that make this season? The big trades from this past summer have been busts.

Disagree.

Hammer has been bad/injured this year and Murphy has been good and improving on top of that. Murphy now is much better that even Hammer of last season and he is cheaper. Murphy is a solid #4 at this point and he has the ceiling of a good #3 (and his AAV is 3.85, this is a really good deal for a top 4 D).

Saad's been disappointing. But he's younger (slightly) than Panarin, fills more of a need (PF) and, most importantly, is under contract for far longer. Panarin is going to be north of $7M in 1.5 seasons. Maybe $8M if the cap rises as much as projected.

I love Hammer and Panarin, but Bowman was right to trade them. That said, I definitely share your frustration with the team.

Disagree.

Hammer has been bad/injured this year and Murphy has been good and improving on top of that. Murphy now is much better that even Hammer of last season and he is cheaper. Murphy is a solid #4 at this point and he has the ceiling of a good #3 (and his AAV is 3.85, this is a really good deal for a top 4 D).

Saad's been disappointing. But he's younger (slightly) than Panarin, fills more of a need (PF) and, most importantly, is under contract for far longer. Panarin is going to be north of $7M in 1.5 seasons. Maybe $8M if the cap rises as much as projected.

I love Hammer and Panarin, but Bowman was right to trade them. That said, I definitely share your frustration with the team.

I slightly disagree about Saad, he’s playing well right now do To a more stable line. Vinny up on the top line is making Saad and toews play much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk