Blackhawks '18-'19

Then I am all aboard the tank train...

tenor.gif

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Schmaltz traded to the Yotes for Dylan Strome & Brendan Perlini. This is a wait and see deal, but definitely understand why Bowman pulled the trigger. Schmaltz regressed this season and he's an RFA. Agent seeking Dylan Larkin money ($6M AAV). Strome & Perlini are on ELCs for 2 & 1 more seasons. Strome is VVG at the dot. Played with Cat in Erie and had great success. Perlini is a top 6 wing. Both guys have real good size and are 21 and 22 yo.

Think AA & a D man are next.

Last edited:

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Correction: Perlini is an RFA after this season, Strome has one more season on his ELC. Not having to pay Schmaltz means Bowman will be all in for Panarin (or Stone).

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
if the Blackhawks are around or near last place in the West by New Year's Day, maybe StanBo gets canned?

Possible, but I doubt it. Think the brass is going to give him some time (as in at least another season (when more of the prized D prospects arrive). Then again, if they truly believe the Hawks are a playoff team...

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Possible, but I doubt it. Think the brass is going to give him some time (as in at least another season (when more of the prized D prospects arrive). Then again, if they truly believe the Hawks are a playoff team...

End of year, I think he gets sacked.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Crow took a brutal hit to the head yesterday (more like two, actually). He's concussed. Again. Really feel for him. His career may well be over.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Resembled an NHL team last night. 'Course, that required Ward to stand on his head. Didn't hurt too much in the tankathon standings, as the usual suspects won last night.

I am liking what I am seeing in Dylan Stromme. Cat and him have chemistry from juniors.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Playing well of late. Forsling and Murphy have had a big impact. Dahlstrom has been good. The forwards are playing better defensively and the bottom 6 is no longer a black hole. Nice game from Delia. Thinking that Manning, Kunitz and Kruger will be gone soon.

Playing well of late. Forsling and Murphy have had a big impact. Dahlstrom has been good. The forwards are playing better defensively and the bottom 6 is no longer a black hole. Nice game from Delia. Thinking that Manning, Kunitz and Kruger will be gone soon.

Nice little streak going here. Playing well and getting some solid goaltending. They aren't the same team they were just a couple of years ago, but there is still talent on this team.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Nice little streak going here. Playing well and getting some solid goaltending. They aren't the same team they were just a couple of years ago, but there is still talent on this team.

There is definitely talent. I was a tank commander, but this is a lot better. JC's system is getting traction (#NoImprovements). What's most encouraging is the pool of high end prospects that are going to be on the team starting next season. Our WJC kids are tearing it up. Delia looks like he may be a #1 (operative word: may). A homegrown, young (cheap) #1 would be monumental. Bowman is sitting on a huge pile of dough for FA (Panarin or Stone). The Strome trade is looking very good. Hawks could easily be a legit playoff team next season.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
I read that Manning and McDavid have bad history, which makes Edmonton getting him even more confusing.

Manning broke McJesus' collar bone. Cheap shot, to boot. Chia is beyond clueless. Oh, yeah...McDavid is close to Caggiula. Oil fans are up in arms.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Manning broke McJesus' collar bone. Cheap shot, to boot. Chia is beyond clueless. Oh, yeah...McDavid is close to Caggiula. Oil fans are up in arms.

Apparently, McDavid was consulted prior to the trade and apparently he gave his blessing.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Martinsen placed on waivers. Not sure he'll be picked up.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Martinsen placed on waivers. Not sure he'll be picked up.

Martinsen skates well and is very physical. Other than that, whole lotta meh. He's 30 and on a 1 year contract. He'll help the Hogs, then adios.

Krüger is next, I imagine.

Krüger is next, I imagine.
I'm so ready for Bowman to be gone. Yes he was an above average GM during the cup window, but retreads like Kruger were some of the more annoying things he did later on. I get when the well runs out internally, and cap space is extremely tight, you do what you can, but this team should've been in full rebuild mode when Crawford got hurt last year and neither backup looked ready to fill his still underratedly large shoes.

Q and Bowman will be (and are) Chicago sports legends, but you've really got to be special to guide a team through both success and failure and come out of it.