Blackhawks '19-'20

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAWKS ARE BACK IN ACTION TODAY!
per
https://www.secondcityhockey.com/20...edmonton-oilers-how-to-watch-tv-channel-times
all times are Central, NBCSN is 220 on my DTV lineup

Exhibition - 5:30 p.m., Wednesday, July 29 (NBCSN/NBC Sports Chicago Plus)
Game 1 - 2 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 1 (NBC)
Game 2 - 9:30 p.m., Monday, Aug. 3 (NBCSN/NBC Sports Chicago)
Game 3 - 9:30 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 5 (NBCSN/NBC Sports Chicago)
*Game 4 - Time TBD, Friday, Aug. 7 (NBC Sports Chicago)
*Game 5 - Time TBD, Saturday, Aug. 8 (NBC Sports Chicago)

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Heck of a game today. Completely dominated Edmonton at 5-on-5. Shore up the PK and they will be sitting pretty
Yeah, I mean I agree. But the first goal was the only one that wasn’t a scramble or deflection. Edmonton passes very well on the PP. blueprint this game for the next one.

Hawks not bringing back Crawford. He'll no doubt have his number retired.

Really, really appreciate what he did here and best of luck to Crow going forward.

The Hawks give up scoring chances at a ridiculously high rate. Even with mostly excellent goaltending all of last season they weren't going to make the playoffs pre-pandemic. Bowman needs to find a way to acquire another high quality tandem or this next season could be gruesome.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
New season starts tomorrow night in Tampa. It ain't gonna be pretty, but it's a great year to be bad. Boatload of future #1 D. Just what the Hawks need (LHD, preferably). Although there's gonna be a lot of losing, watching guys develop (in particular Mitchell, Boqvist and Big Z) is the ticket.

BTW, would've started a new thread, but I can't yet.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
I see they extended Colliton today, which is not a surprise. Too bad Dach is out for the year, and I never heard a resolution about Toews, does he have Covid?

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
I see they extended Colliton today, which is not a surprise. Too bad Dach is out for the year, and I never heard a resolution about Toews, does he have Covid?

Not Covid. I don't even think there's a diagnosis yet. I think he's gonna be out for a long time.

New season starts tomorrow night in Tampa. It ain't gonna be pretty, but it's a great year to be bad. Boatload of future #1 D. Just what the Hawks need (LHD, preferably). Although there's gonna be a lot of losing, watching guys develop (in particular Mitchell, Boqvist and Big Z) is the ticket.

BTW, would've started a new thread, but I can't yet.
There will be a lot of growing pains this year. With 3 of the top-9 out for the year, there will be no expectations; this should allow the kids to make mistakes without the fear that it will cost them a playoff spot.

I think a successful year will see them jettison some older players for picks; see them land a top pick; see growth in the top prospects

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
There will be a lot of growing pains this year. With 3 of the top-9 out for the year, there will be no expectations; this should allow the kids to make mistakes without the fear that it will cost them a playoff spot.

I think a successful year will see them jettison some older players for picks; see them land a top pick; see growth in the top prospects

Exactly. A guy like Owen Power would look good in a Hawks' jersey.

Deleted member 747840

D
Realistically, the hawks have little depth in the system, NHL all the way down. Saddled by NMC big contracts on guys who are not worth their contracts.

That leads to a situation where you can't trade for quality guys, hope for a lot of development internally, or move contracts to sign free agents. This team is in a tough spot. I think they are committed to having a few bad years, whether they want to or not. Sorry for the extreme negativity, but I don't think a top player changes the makeup of this team too much. Of course, thats how to start the road back to relevance. At the very least, we'll see some young guys get experience. In a few years, that'll be vital. I just think this team is about half a team short of the playoffs at this point and honestly will be for some time.

Realistically, the hawks have little depth in the system, NHL all the way down. Saddled by NMC big contracts on guys who are not worth their contracts.

That leads to a situation where you can't trade for quality guys, hope for a lot of development internally, or move contracts to sign free agents. This team is in a tough spot. I think they are committed to having a few bad years, whether they want to or not. Sorry for the extreme negativity, but I don't think a top player changes the makeup of this team too much. Of course, thats how to start the road back to relevance. At the very least, we'll see some young guys get experience. In a few years, that'll be vital. I just think this team is about half a team short of the playoffs at this point and honestly will be for some time.
That's not negativity - that's reality. The 3 Cups were worth it

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

That's just an opinion, man. :LOL:

I think the timetable for becoming good again is sooner than you think. In the interim, Hawks fans will have to get by with hockey and watching their prospects develop.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Hawks D could surprise this year, assuming CdH stays healthy. Obviously, a lot depends on Mitchell, Boqvist and big Z, but our D corps could be actually be pretty good.

Goaltending will probably be poor, but, as it's voodoo, you never know. I think Lankinen will emerge by season's end.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Next shellacking tonight. Will be interesting to see how Delia fares. Only chance is to keep TB off the PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.