Blackhawks '19-'20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Good trade. I liked Perlini, but he clearly wasn't going anywhere with the Hawks. Waiving him would have gained nothing. Regula was a 3rd rounder. VG size and good stay-at-home D-man. Ceiling is probably #4D. Regula perfectly complements our existing D prospects corps.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Connor Murphy being out really hurts. He was playing well and is probably our #2-#3 D man.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Total shellacking. Can't recall being that dominated in ten seasons. Ugh.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
You've quickly forgotten that ~8 game stretch last year where they were never ahead and the opponent usually scored within the first 5 minutes of the game. Good for you. :)

Point taken, lol. Yeah, that stretch was brutal. But the stats from yesterday's game are flippin' terrible:

1572444744275.png

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Boqvist called up. I'm sure he'll be in tomorrow. Something's afoot. Trading Seabs is a pipe dream though. Hope Dim Jim (VAN) proves me wrong (Seabs+money retained+pick+??? for Loui Erikkson). A guy can dream, amirite? Seriously though, Gus is probably getting moved.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Not sure anyone's going to get moved. At least no smoke that I can see.

Good news / Bad News.

Good News - Blackhawks have a game tonight
Bad News - Blackhawks have a game tonight

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Nice game last night. Can the Hawks sustain it on the road at Pittsburgh?

Boqvist has been playing well enough to warrant keeping him up. When Murphy returns, that will push Seabs to #7 (hopefully). Way too soon to start rooting for a tank.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Sounds like the abandoned the "dump and chase and not get the puck back" to entering the zone with possession game they used to play. I saw last two periods and they looked good in those two. We will see if that's a sustained thing or if it was a one game thing.

Sounds like the abandoned the "dump and chase and not get the puck back" to entering the zone with possession game they used to play. I saw last two periods and they looked good in those two. We will see if that's a sustained thing or if it was a one game thing.

That dump and chase game they played against the Sharks was some of the most boring hockey I've ever seen. At least last year when we were bad we were usually entertaining.

It's so hard to figure out what this team is going to be. They have no consistent identity.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Not a bad weekend getting 3 out of 4 points but a little disappointing considering they had a 2-0 lead at Pittsburg. Also they barely hung on last night after having a comfortable lead. Media reports indicating that Lehner was still dodging pucks walking out to his car after the game.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Not a bad weekend getting 3 out of 4 points but a little disappointing considering they had a 2-0 lead at Pittsburg. Also they barely hung on last night after having a comfortable lead. Media reports indicating that Lehner was still dodging pucks walking out to his car after the game.

5 of 6 points in last 3. 57 shots is God-awful, but Hawks crushed the Leafs in high danger chances 12-4. 2 tough road games looming: Vegas and the Preds. Murphy should be back in a week.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
5 of 6 points in last 3. 57 shots is God-awful, but Hawks crushed the Leafs in high danger chances 12-4. 2 tough road games looming: Vegas and the Preds. Murphy should be back in a week.
If memory is correct I don't think they've ever beaten Vegas since they came into the league.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
The gorilla is finally dead! Now, beat the mustard cats.

Getting a big man crush on CDH. Murphy back very soon. Hawks looking like a PO team, no squinting necessary.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Bit of a statement game tonight, especially considering their last outing in Nashville. Loved the passing and Lehner. Murph back helps a lot. Gotta keep it rolling tomorrow against the Sabres.

Bit of a statement game tonight, especially considering their last outing in Nashville. Loved the passing and Lehner. Murph back helps a lot. Gotta keep it rolling tomorrow against the Sabres.

Always nice to win in Nashville, and doubly good for it to be a blowout.

If we keep getting .930-ish goaltending the points will continue to come. Obviously Lehner has been great. I was worried his numbers were awesome last year mainly because the Islanders do such a good job limiting high-danger chances, but he's continued to excel here behind a looser D.

Don't look now, but Seabs is +11 in his last five games. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.