Blackhawks '19-'20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Ho hum, another pretty good team throttled. I can get used to this.

Dach is going to be an absolute load. Bowman/Kelley made a great choice. What a gift! Even the current version is going to be a damn sight better with another 40 games under his belt. But extrapolating a couple of seasons...mercy! Full disclosure, I wanted Byram, then flipped to Turcotte. And the thing of it is, Dach is on the 4th line, getting no PP time (and I love it). Obviously, that will change. But he's excelling with non-offensive linemates and he's playing responsible D. Calder candidate? Looks like it.

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal
I honestly feel like it was 10 days ago (maybe it was) that I was reading "Fire Colliton" pieces.

Still don't think this is a playoff team. Gimme (at least) a top 4 D man and maybe we sneak in.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Abject failure. Careless play, too many giveaways, defensive coverage lapses. Very disappointing. That Keith and Strome are out, doesn't help. Held out some hope that Toews would lift his game, but maybe this (no bueno) is the new norm. Keep this guano up and we're in tank mode again (sigh).

Seems just like last year's team. Go on a run, and then as soon as we get very close to playoff contention, collapse.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Not great, Bob. If de Haan's injury is serious, this season is toast. Hopefully, Uncle Gary will come through again.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Which is why I'm in favor of keeping this coaching staff through the end of the year. I expect the likely outcome is we will sink to a top 5 pick and clean house at the end of the year.

Agree. Canning Colliton is just shuffling deck chairs. The Hawks are going to be sellers at the TDL. If Bowman gets canned (which I'm not in favor of, BTW), I really hope that McCub convinces Kelley to stay. If handing him the GM job is what it takes, so be it.

Last edited:
RIP Hawks. So is everyone on the table. I know Gus is the most likely.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Rumor is Shaw is done for the year...maybe for his career.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
RIP Hawks. So is everyone on the table. I know Gus is the most likely.

With a lot of guys having no trade or no movement clauses, might be hard to dump many guys. But I'd certainly try if I were the Hawks.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
With a lot of guys having no trade or no movement clauses, might be hard to dump many guys. But I'd certainly try if I were the Hawks.

Only the core 4, IIRC. Crawford's contract is done at season's end. A lot of guys are moveable. I expect the return to be picks and prospects. I love Lehner, but another team probably loves him more, lol. Keith still has value and may decide he wants to play for a contender.

Only the core 4, IIRC. Crawford's contract is done at season's end. A lot of guys are moveable. I expect the return to be picks and prospects. I love Lehner, but another team probably loves him more, lol. Keith still has value and may decide he wants to play for a contender.

I think it's a good question as to which contracts actually have value. Certainly the goaltenders, but I don't think there's much that's attractive for the non-ELC skaters, assuming Kane won't be dealt. Keith with a 5.5 cap hit for the next 3 years is questionable to me. Gus' numbers are so down that a 2nd would be a great return - he really needs to be traded regardless of the return. I think Saad will have deadline value next year but not so much this year. Murphy has positive value but if we deal him then I really don't know what the plan is for next year. It just feels like we're riding this out for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.