Bobby Roundtree suffers severe spinal injury

Ok.

Sounds like this is a very long ride. Hopefully it all turns out good.

Aug 31, 2019. Bobby Roundtree Day.

See ya at the game.

2019 for Bobby.

FT35

Naperville
I know you didn't attach the email address, but my email to him bounced back. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for mentioning this. It bounced back for me as well and I thought I was the only one. I copied the e-mail address from the article so if anyone has a better way of contacting Bobby please post it!

illini80

Forgottonia
I'd just like to know if he is paralyzed, if he can move his extremities, if he can walk, etc. I don't care if he can play football, but it's just weird that we haven't heard anything at all. And yes, I know all about HIPAA.
That’s up to the family and I completely understand why they would keep quiet. This is a very personal decision for them. When the time is right for them, they will talk.

I mainly lurk on this board, but I have to post this. A few months ago, I was on campus, homeless and completely broke. I had to get to a doctor's appointment, but had no money to take the bus. I had to resort to asking people for a dollar. Everyone I asked either ignored me like I was a piece of human trash or rudely told me no. I was about to give up, but I decided to ask one more person. A tall black man was walking my direction and when I asked him for the dollar, he immediately reached into his wallet, pulled out a $5, and told me to get something to eat with it in addition to getting on the bus. He was in Illini gear and I told him he looked familiar and asked if he played for the football or basketball team. He said the football team and when I asked him his name, he told me Bobby Roundtree. I thanked him and told him I'd be rooting for him this coming season. Now I'm rooting for him to make a complete recovery, football being secondary. When nobody seemed to give a damn about my situation, Bobby Roundtree did and I'll never forget that. Just wanted to post this to let everyone know the kind of character this kid has.

I'd just like to know if he is paralyzed, if he can move his extremities, if he can walk, etc. I don't care if he can play football, but it's just weird that we haven't heard anything at all. And yes, I know all about HIPAA.

Illinois issues an update that there is no update that can be issued.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
https://twitter.com/craigwchoate/

D9XtI0AXoAATJ8t

Thanks for the update, lets hope and pray things go in the right direction. After hearing what Lovie did makes me proud of my school

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
3-6 months, in-patient. Then day rehab for months more. Progress will be maddeningly s-l-o-w, but, hopefully, it will be steady and he'll be able to lead an autonomous life after awhile. He's young, that will help a lot. Am pretty sure drive isn't going to be an issue. One thing's for sure, he's getting the right care and extensive excellent therapy.

Last edited:
I understand that this is a privacy thing and I respect that, but is there an indication that he will walk again?
were praying for you Bobby!

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
I understand that this is a privacy thing and I respect that, but is there an indication that he will walk again?
were praying for you Bobby!

Knowing Bobby, I feel like he will walk again regardless of the odds stacked against him.

But no, I haven’t heard/seen any news on said odds.