Bowl Games Thread

Cook

Richmond, VA
Tito Odenigbo looking good early at DT for the U against Bucky

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Most of KV’s yards came on 3 rushes for 69, 68, and 66 yards. That feels like more of a sign of Baylor’s rush defense in the game then KV’s rushing ability. (Though I didn’t watch the game so I don’t know if it was KV making 5 guys miss on each run or Baylor being out of position)

If I remember correctly, he broke off a nasty run against UNC in Lovie’s first year but fizzled after that.

Regardless, he rushed for 4 YPC on his other 10 attempts which is right where he should be. With the bowl performance he also got over 1001 yards on the season.

A bang up junior campaign for him. Wish it could have worked out here! (Though Corbin had a slightly better year by comparison)

If I remember correctly, he broke off a nasty run against UNC in Lovie’s first year but fizzled after that.
If I recall correctly, he fumbled too much for Lovie's taste and his carries were limited. Anyway, he had a great 2018... SEC Newcomer of the Year, and there is talk he will enter the draft.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Dino Babers beats WVU to get 10 wins on the season. I wonder how good Dino is doing in the alternate timeline where we hired him instead of that “not ideal” fiasco.

the national

the Front Range
whew, that Iowa State WSU game got kinda interesting. Seemed like some dicy calls. ISU kinda got behind the 8-ball because the officiating, IMO

Dino Babers beats WVU to get 10 wins on the season. I wonder how good Dino is doing in the alternate timeline where we hired him instead of that “not ideal” fiasco.
How did we get stuck in THIS timeline???????

p
Auburn EMBARRASSING Purdue. There is your example of Xs and Os vs Jimmies and Joes
Purdue had the night of their lives against OSU. Other than that they were pretty mediocre. Auburn proved that emphatically.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
How did we get stuck in THIS timeline???????

I don’t know. But if The Man In The High Castle is correct, all I have to do is wait for the “me” in that timeline to die and then I’ll be able to jump to it and enjoy endless Illini success.

(Also, in THAT timeline, the Keatts hype train made its final stop in Champaign)

In the alternate timeline, Illinois is a 4-win team. I've looked at every timeline. Only one timeline went well for us. Saban got us to 6-wins this season.

the national

the Front Range
Agreed, the calls were pretty rough for Cyclones
So the refs were from the B1G. I am pretty sure the head ref was the same guy that botched the “incomplete” catch back in an Illinois game where our guy caught it and took 5 steps and he called it an incomplete.

So the refs were from the B1G. I am pretty sure the head ref was the same guy that botched the “incomplete” catch back in an Illinois game where our guy caught it and took 5 steps and he called it an incomplete.
Yes. My son, an ISU grad, was mad at the B1G for providing those refs.

Deleted member 29907

D
Keyshawn Vaughn wasn't good enough to play for us. Neither was Aaron Rodgers. I remain optimistic though!
And Steph Curry wasn't good enough for his father's alma mater - but hey. So is Keyshawn better than Corbin ? Epstein? I didn't watch him play so honest question.

Is anybody else watching the Florida- Michigan game? I know I should probably be cheering for the BIG 10, but can't bring myself to cheer for Michigan.

I'm wondering when the donors start calling for Harbaugh to be fired. Granted he is without some starters but, they have been looking terrible.