Bowl Games Thread

Cook

Richmond, VA
How does the re-build and job Mendenhall has done at UVA compare to ours? They just smoked South Carolina for their first bowl win in 13 years and finished 8-5. Can we have a similar (or better) season next year?

Deleted member 4333

D
Coach Saban constantly yelling and screaming at his players on the sideline. That's really going to hurt his recruiting.
/s

Deleted member 654622

D
p

Purdue had the night of their lives against OSU. Other than that they were pretty mediocre. Auburn proved that emphatically.
Completely agree. Considering all the non football factors involved in that game, they would have given Clemson and Alabama a run for their money

Deleted member 654622

D
I'm wondering when the donors start calling for Harbaugh to be fired. Granted he is without some starters but, they have been looking terrible.
They were driving to at least tie the game at 13 until the QB stared down his receiver deep. Seemed like the team then gave up

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
Watching the Clemson game, I loved #11 on defense. A converted safety to LB, they said 6'4" and runs a 4.3 (ok, I don't believe this part). But he was all over the field making plays.

Notre Dame hasn't won a "major" bowl game since the 1994 Cotton Bowl. When playing in those types of game since, they've only had one game decided by single digits.

ND has a privileged status based on their ability to bring in ratings. And they wouldn't be the first team to earn their way into a bowl game that everyone suspected they'd lose spectacularly. I'd much rather have seen a BIG team get invited, but hey, I'm a homer.

Clemson and Bama are just in a league of their own this year. Those two are more than a touchdown better than any other team. Should be a good championship game,, with the best two semi-pro teams out there :p

ND will never be able to get the guys they need into school, Clemson and Alabama have a big advantage as well as LSU and a few more programs not even close to a even playing field

In a perverse sort of way I like looking at the size of the crowds in most of these bowl games. A few thousand faithful from each team and the rest of the stadium is empty. Some of these games could be played in a decent sized high school stadium.

the national

the Front Range
Big Ten West Division: 4 - 1
Big Ten East Division : 0 - 3 (so far)
Well, the east did win ‘the grand daddy of um all’. I was actually kinda nervous. If Washington has a few more minutes, things might have gone against the buckeyes.

In a perverse sort of way I like looking at the size of the crowds in most of these bowl games. A few thousand faithful from each team and the rest of the stadium is empty. Some of these games could be played in a decent sized high school stadium.

The Outback Bowl had a decent crowd but, still a lot of seats open. $75.00 a ticket was the cheapest I saw. My wife and I would have went if the tickets were cheaper. I didn't have a horse in the race and wouldn't pay a buck fifty for 2 tickets. I did see the ILLINI get burned by Clemson in the Outback Bowl years ago. Good bowl atmosphere.