Bowl Games Thread

Seems Iowa has a penchant for going after the opposing QB.

No doubt.... but still happy to see them dominate USC and make the B1G (and Illinois) look good. Nice night for the conference with them and MSU taking care of business. Need these games, because there's some tough matchups coming up that I don't see going the B1G's way (e.g. Minnesota-Auburn, Michigan-Bama, Wisconsin-Oregon).

B1G bowl schedule, with existing results and my predictions:
MSU over Wake (B1G 1-0)
Iowa over USC (B1G 2-0)
PSU over Memphis (B1G 3-0)
OSU over Clemson (B1G 4-0)
Illinois over Cal (B1G 5-0)
Auburn over Minnesota (B1G 5-1)
Bama over Michigan (B1G 5-2)
Oregon over Wisconsin (B1G 5-3)
Tennessee over Indiana (B1G 5-4)
OSU over LSU (B1G 6-4, National Champs)

Illinois-Cal may be the biggest swing game for determining whether or not the B1G comes out with a winning record. I could see anywhere from 5-7 wins for the conference.

breadman

Herndon, VA
For as much as I hate iowa, it sure was fun to watch them take usc apart just now.

Now, listen to reggie bush on the post game summary just tear it up for his usc.

Hard to root for Iowa but they’re taking USC to the woodshed. #SmashMouth. Go B1G

I cheer on the B1G teams. I just have a really hard time pulling for RTB Minnie, and ABSOLUTELY will NEVER root for NW.
Love them or hate them, Iowa is a hard nosed team that took the U of Spoiled Children outback behind the barn and whooped 'em!
I was worried about MSU but, Lewerke had a good game and pulled it out.
The beloved ILLINI better show up and get a W.
The rest of the B1G games are going to be tough.

I'm not actively watching the OU - LSU game, but is there some rule that states it illegal for OU to have the ball?

This OU team is not ready for the team they’re facing.

Seriously, every time I turn my attention to it LSU is scoring or driving on their way to a score. I doubt OU is this much less of a team than LSU, but... here we are.

They may want to running clock this thing after the half.

Seriously, every time I turn my attention to it LSU is scoring or driving on their way to a score. I doubt OU is this much less of a team than LSU, but... here we are.

They may want to running clock this thing after the half.

That’s a very poorly coached back half up against one of the most cerebral QBs I’ve seen in a long time. I feel bad for those kids.

OU has a long history of playing this type of game and still finding a way to win but this one here could get really, really ugly. LSU is on another level.

Amazing.. can't determine if LSU that good or Oklahoma that bad. Injuries and ejection hurt OU but they are not in same class as LSU

there were some momentum changing plays, like the missed defensive pass interference, the ejection, the missed holding, etc. but LSU isexplosive and can break one on any play.

You can take nothing away from Joe Burrow, who is seeing 2-3 moves ahead of everyone else and putting the football in the right spot on nearly every throw (He has more TDs than incompletions....) but OU is running it’s own “How Not To Play Combination Coverage” clinic out there. Not one kid in their back half seems to understands what is going on.

there were some momentum changing plays, like the missed defensive pass interference, the ejection, the missed holding, etc. but LSU isexplosive and can break one on any play.
Also the cramp on the long sack, turned into excellent catch