Bowl Games Thread

Living in Florida, I see a lot of SEC games as well as B1G games with the B1G Network. LSU has depth, and good gosh their DL is loaded with a rotation. Losing an OL didn't even hurt their offensive performance at all. So much talent on that team. Starting RB Edwards-Helaire plays a few snaps...eh, they don't really need their starting RB to win and win big. Those players are unreal and love Coach O.
Agreed! Clemson had a dazed look against Ohio until the targeting call. For that matter, if Dobbins holds onto either the end zone ball or the screen pass, it would have been Katy Bar the Door. LSU will absolutely destroy Clemson.

Boy the announcers in the Orange are heaping unwarranted praise on Dan Mullen. He takes a timeout after a 5 minute replay review. You couldn’t discuss strategy with your team during the replay review?! Then of course Virginia scores after Mullens great TO. Then Mullen calls another TO as his team Florida recovers onside kick. Griese and Levy compliment him on calling TO. Let me get this straight, that’s a great TO because now his team has to go through another onside kick? Unfortunately they did recover again despite the over coaching.

Deleted member 654622

D
I guess I am in the minority here that still thinks Clemson is going to win

3DegreeIllini

Chicago,IL
Michigan looking great against Alabama. Not that it impacts us THAT much, but Harbaugh getting a signature bowl win probably doesn’t help with recruiting Chicago and the surrounds. Plus, I love seeing Michigan fans upset at a 9-3 season. They wouldn’t stop talking about taking down Bama for the next 40-50 years.

The SEC marketing machine is already meeting behind closed doors to explain away the potential losses to B1G foes (right now Mich and Minny), today. Should LSU lose also, they may have a panic attack.

Harbaugh is going back to his conservative, only throwing when he has to ways. He could easily just give this game's momentum back to Bama.

the national

the Front Range
Mich was such a disappointment. Their offense looked unrequited and the have peoples-jones and some big TE. Alabama was aggressive in the second half and it paid off.
On the other side of the coin, Minn looked great. Row-yer-boat fleck actually called a good game and his team did a great job.

the national

the Front Range
Number 3 of Oregon shoved Number 1 of Wisconsin into the QB after the touchdown. Not sure how that got missed.

Other than that, Wisconsin is gifting this one away.
totally agree. It was a bad call but someone had to be the lamb for the refs. Wisconsin needs to get thier stuff together. They’ve been the better team sans the turnovers. Get tough Wisconsin!

Okay, another garbage call. The defender was making contact with the receiver when the ball was in the air! Should have been defensive interference.

I agree, horrible call. I was also concerned with the ball placement. Wisconsin ended up scoring but, the kid had a first down.
Big 12 refs must not like the B1G like the SEC refs.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
How was the shot on the punt return not targeting? Oregon defender led with the crown of his helmet with a direct hit to Wisconsin returners head. Seemed much worse the the ones called on the guy from Ohio St and on Eifler in our game.

How was the shot on the punt return not targeting? Oregon defender led with the crown of his helmet with a direct hit to Wisconsin returners head. Seemed much worse the the ones called on the guy from Ohio St and on Eifler in our game.

I thought the same thing when I saw it.

BillyBob1

Champaign
I agree, horrible call. I was also concerned with the ball placement. Wisconsin ended up scoring but, the kid had a first down.
Big 12 refs must not like the B1G like the SEC refs.
Yes that was another great call. How could the official on the other side make that spot. The runner was clearly not down and spun to about the 1/2 yard line. Can’t believe they didn’t review, especially after the timeout.

I don't disagree for the need of the targeting rule but I absolutely hate the consequences.

Decent game going on as well.

That is all.