Bowl Projections

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that settles that! Hey, with an off week for both basketball and football, that carried the board for a few days!

I saw that text prior to the debate.I’m still not convinced given someone said luke registered in the spring semester.

Latest Bowl projections involving the Illini:

CBSSports
Pinstripe Bowl: vs. Wake Forest

247sports
Pinstripe Bowl: vs. North Carolina

Sporting News
Pinstripe Bowl: vs. Louisville

Latest Bowl projections involving the Illini:

CBSSports
Pinstripe Bowl: vs. Wake Forest

247sports
Pinstripe Bowl: vs. North Carolina

Sporting News
Pinstripe Bowl: vs. Louisville

Do you know what record those are assuming cause until something happens to the contrary my prediction is (Sips Orange Kool-Aid)

9-4 Illini in the Rose Bowl vs Utah

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Do you know what record those are assuming cause until something happens to the contrary my prediction is (Sips Orange Kool-Aid)

9-4 Illini in the Rose Bowl vs Utah

This takes more than a sip to have that hope.

Do you know what record those are assuming...

My guess is 7-5.

At 8-4 we're likely headed south.

At 8-5 or 9-4 we're likely headed to the Rose Bowl because that would mean we either won or lost the championship game. Winning will not get us into the CFP, so we'd head to rose bowl. Losing to Ohio St. probably means Ohio St. goes to playoffs meaning we go to Rose Bowl. Losing to another team means something drastic happened in the B1G East, and the winner is not going to the CFP. That team would go to Rose Bowl, and we're probably headed south.

I saw that text prior to the debate.I’m still not convinced given someone said luke registered in the spring semester.

Why do you believe you know better than a team spokesman based on information that “someone” said? He isn’t playing. Can’t believe we spent days discussing TE usage instead of NYC accommodations for the Pinstripe.

Why do you believe you know better than a team spokesman based on information that “someone” said? He isn’t playing. Can’t believe we spent days discussing TE usage instead of NYC accommodations for the Pinstripe.

😂😂😂You must have missed my earlier comment about getting a box for pinstripe and arranging the trip

ESPN has us in Calif vs Cal i would love that match up

If you love defensive football, this is the game for you. Unfortunately, should the Redbox be our destination (And that’s still my prediction), it’s almost impossible to guess who we’re gonna play. The PAC-12 has 4 teams at 5-5 and 4 teams at 4-6, that conference is a mess and there’s no telling who will or won’t be bowl eligible.

Still a great bowl for us though, for a number of reasons.

Deleted member 654622

D
I am still pulling for the Armed Forces Bowl. A win on Jan 4th game vs a ranked Navy team is a great opportunity for some National Pub

Beating Iowa Saturday will give us a realistic shot at a Florida bowl, either Gator or Outback. Tampa Bay would be hyped to welcome Lovie back, in which case we will hold an all-Illini open house New Years Eve.

almost no chances with that win against MSu.

This. Michigan State should be the last in, if a Big Ten team goes it'll be the Spartans.

It's essentially either Pinstripe or Redbox unless we finish with 8. At that point, it still may be one of those 2. The other bowls will be difficult to get into.

What is the deciding factor of Pinstripe versus Redbox? While the California bowl seems neat, I wonder which would draw more fans? NYC is much closer, cheaper flights, etc. Plus NYC is a great place to visit. An outside bowl game is a little crazy, but doable.

What is the deciding factor of Pinstripe versus Redbox? While the California bowl seems neat, I wonder which would draw more fans? NYC is much closer, cheaper flights, etc. Plus NYC is a great place to visit. An outside bowl game is a little crazy, but doable.

In this case, it's based largely upon which team each bowl wants. Considering who has played in each game in recent years and how well certain programs will draw for certain areas, we seem more likely to end up in the Redbox.

From the comfort of my couch, any football game that involves snow flurries fires my imagination and the Pinstripe Bowl could do that. And for perfection, we need Lindsey Nelson to do the play by play, though that may present a significant challenge.

MainelyIllini

uh, Maine
I'm just glad we're discussing bowl games for the Illini. I don't care where/when they play, I just want to see them play.

Ultimately, it is a question of filling seats. Although I am expecting Pinstripe and have begun making plans for Pinstripe, the Sf bay area hosts the largest, non Chicago area, Illini Alumni networks in the country (or it did at one point). So for many reasons, filling seats, raising money, etc., the Redbox bowl would be ideal for the University and the Bowl. But there is also a lot of prestige that goes with different bowl games and Pinstripe is a better bowl and still can attract a significant number of fans. I wouldn't be surprised to see us at either.

From a TV/Exposure standpoint - I think the Pinstripe is a much better bowl. A Friday Afternoon game when people are off/home looking for stuff to do/watch.

Redbox is on a Monday day before NYE at 11am cdt. yuck

Ultimately, it is a question of filling seats. Although I am expecting Pinstripe and have begun making plans for Pinstripe, the Sf bay area hosts the largest, non Chicago area, Illini Alumni networks in the country (or it did at one point). So for many reasons, filling seats, raising money, etc., the Redbox bowl would be ideal for the University and the Bowl. But there is also a lot of prestige that goes with different bowl games and Pinstripe is a better bowl and still can attract a significant number of fans. I wouldn't be surprised to see us at either.

Some of these bowl's have contractual selection criteria as well, such as the Redbox. I think they require no more than 4 or 5 different teams in a 5 year span. Indiana (Our closest equal for these two bowls) just played in the Redbox a couple years ago. Unless they reach for MSU (Highly unlikely) or luck into landing Iowa (Even more unlikely), we make the most sense for them.

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
From a TV/Exposure standpoint - I think the Pinstripe is a much better bowl. A Friday Afternoon game when people are off/home looking for stuff to do/watch.

Redbox is on a Monday day before NYE at 11am cdt. yuck

Redbox Bowl is at 3:00 pm central time.

Status
Not open for further replies.