Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Playoff/New Year's Six Selection Show
Sunday, December 8th
11:00am-3:00pm CT
ESPN

The rest of the bowl game matchups to be announced around the end or after the selection show.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
I'd sign up for Pinstripe Bowl against Louisville. Washington State and Pitt could be a little too much to handle.

I'd sign up for Pinstripe Bowl against Louisville. Washington State and Pitt could be a little too much to handle.

Pitt? That team isn’t very good.

Washington State isn’t really either but they’re a different animal.

Think the Pinstripe bowl is probably off the table. Santa Clara or Detroit. Depends on if MSU wants to go to Detroit I’d think. One of us will be there.

Redbox seems to be the most likely.

Deleted member 652352

D
Cold weather or not, I'm hoping we land in the Pinstripe Bowl. Playing in Yankee Stadium would be a great experience for our players and would be appealing to recruits. The Rebox Bowl is very meh.

MoCoMdIllini

Montgomery County, Maryland
Cold weather or not, I'm hoping we land in the Pinstripe Bowl. Playing in Yankee Stadium would be a great experience for our players and would be appealing to recruits. The Rebox Bowl is very meh.
Is the Redbox Bowl the former Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl?

I am excited about the bowl no matter what, but I can't imagine a more expensive flight/lodging situation for fans than the Red Box Bowl. Flying to SFO that close to Xmas/New Years will be $$$.

I am excited about the bowl no matter what, but I can't imagine a more expensive flight/lodging situation for fans than the Red Box Bowl. Flying to SFO that close to Xmas/New Years will be $$$.

The game is in Santa Clara where the Niners play, about 50 miles south of San Francisco. So you can fly into the closer San Jose airport, and most assuredly find better hotel deals in the area than in the City. There are even hotels walking distance to the stadium.

As as its a place where people cant use weather as an excuse

Couple of additional bowl projections:

Sporting News
-Pinstripe Bowl: vs. Florida State

ESPN
-Bonagura:
Pinstripe Bowl vs. Louisville
-Schlabach: Quick Lane Bowl vs. Boston College

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Pitt? That team isn’t very good.

Washington State isn’t really either but they’re a different animal.

Washington State's (via SP+) is handily better (25) than Illinois' (59). Pitt (56) and Louisville (62) would be within our neighborhood. Pitt's was lower than I expected, so let's avoid Pac-12 (unless it's Cal).

Washington State's (via SP+) is handily better (25) than Illinois' (59). Pitt (56) and Louisville (62) would be within our neighborhood. Pitt's was lower than I expected, so let's avoid Pac-12 (unless it's Cal).

This is where SP+ fails, in that they routinely give higher factoring to teams who play and lose close games as opposed to analyzing how those teams actually function on the field. A 4 point loss in a back and forth against UCLA probably didn't factor into WSU even though that game, in reality, was a (crap) show against a (crap) football team. Much like the NT conversation we had months ago, this ranking does not accurately project the on-field product here.

That said, Mike's team's are still dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.