Woodridge, IL
Major theatrical releases of note in the month of May:

-The Amazing Spiderman 2 (May 2)
-Neighbors (May 9)
-Chef (May 9)
-Godzilla (May 16)
-X-Men: Days of Future Past (May 23)
-Maleficent (May 30)
-A Million Ways to Die in the West (May 30)

I'll definitely see Neighbors and X-Men in theaters. Thought I'd say the same for Spiderman, but reviews have been mixed so I may wait to rent it.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
I'll definitely see Neighbors and X-Men in theaters. Thought I'd say the same for Spiderman, but reviews have been mixed so I may wait to rent it.

That's putting it nicely. Every review I've seen / heard has said it is terrible.

That's putting it nicely. Every review I've seen / heard has said it is terrible.

It's a coinflip, presently, sitting at 55% on Rotten Tomatoes. I'd be willing to bet that most of the positive reviews stem from appreciation of visual effects rather than story line. Since Ebert passed away, the critic I follow is Colin Covert of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. He gave it a 2.5/4 stating, "Amazing? Hardly. The second film in Sony Pictures' second Spider-Man series is OK-ish."

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Did any of you see "Draft Day?" I was disappointed-to me it seemed like it couldn't figure out if it was a love story or a movie about the draft and it kind of stunk at both.

Did any of you see "Draft Day?" I was disappointed-to me it seemed like it couldn't figure out if it was a love story or a movie about the draft and it kind of stunk at both.

I did not, but with an actor with the track record of Kevin Costner, it pains me that he can't get roles in quality films. What was the last major film that got solid reviews that he starred in? Mr. Brooks?

I did not, but with an actor with the track record of Kevin Costner, it pains me that he can't get roles in quality films. What was the last major film that got solid reviews that he starred in? Mr. Brooks?

Loved Mr Brooks. Most folks I recommend it to have never even heard of it though.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL

I don't know, maybe Open Range :D. Costner is one of my favorite actors I think because he has an everyman quality about him. I thought he was good in the last Jack Ryan movie with Chris Pine. And I thought he was good in Draft Day, he just didn't have good material to work with.

CardsIllinifan8

C
What blockbuster movies are suppose to be out this summer?

I am looking forward to Interstellar with Matthew McConaughey in November. Looks like a great movie, and MM has been killing it on screen the last 3-years.

[YOUTUBE]3WzHXI5HizQ[/YOUTUBE]

Hadn't heard of Interstellar before your post. I'm all for anything having to do with Sci-Fi so I'm anxious to hear more about it. There isn't much info about it online at the moment and the trailer really gives no clue.

What blockbuster movies are suppose to be out this summer?

I am looking forward to Interstellar with Matthew McConaughey in November. Looks like a great movie, and MM has been killing it on screen the last 3-years.

[YOUTUBE]3WzHXI5HizQ[/YOUTUBE]

Hadn't heard of Interstellar before your post. I'm all for anything having to do with Sci-Fi so I'm anxious to hear more about it. There isn't much info about it online at the moment and the trailer really gives no clue.

Christopher Nolan won't be pulling any punches as director. This is easily my most anticipated movie of the year. A more detailed trailer arrives in theaters in Godzilla screenings next week.

(http://www.flicksandbits.com/2014/0...lar-will-debut-with-godzilla-next-week/69744/)

CardsIllinifan8

C
Christopher Nolan won't be pulling any punches as director. This is easily my most anticipated movie of the year. A more detailed trailer arrives in theaters in Godzilla screenings next week.

(http://www.flicksandbits.com/2014/0...lar-will-debut-with-godzilla-next-week/69744/)

I'm a little hesitant to see Godzilla, but I do love Bryan Cranston. Think I'm gonna wait a week or two before I make my decision if I see it. Well, I might spend the $8 to see it just for the interstellar trailer.

Oh that's cool, thanks for the info. Speaking of Godzilla, the trailers look pretty good. If the graphics are as good or better than what they had in Pacific Rim then this should look pretty good. I told a couple friends after the first (of 3) viewing of PR that if they ever did Godzilla as well as they did the Kaiju and the plot was decent then it'd be an awesome movie.

Oh that's cool, thanks for the info. Speaking of Godzilla, the trailers look pretty good. If the graphics are as good or better than what they had in Pacific Rim then this should look pretty good. I told a couple friends after the first (of 3) viewing of PR that if they ever did Godzilla as well as they did the Kaiju and the plot was decent then it'd be an awesome movie.

I've been thinking (and hoping) that Godzilla was going to be this summer's Pacific Rim! If the plot is semi-tolerable, I'd bet the entertainment value will be worth the price of admission to an IMAX/3D screening.

I've been thinking (and hoping) that Godzilla was going to be this summer's Pacific Rim! If the plot is semi-tolerable, I'd bet the entertainment value will be worth the price of admission to an IMAX/3D screening.

Absolutely! The Hong Kong fight scene in Pacific Rim was amazingly well done. Now I didn't care so much for the whole alien bit in PR but if the Godzilla plot doesn't get too far fetched, (yeah I know it's a movie about a giant dinosaur), then I think it will be well received.

Sneak peak image from Zack Snyder's Man of Steel sequel, tentatively titled Batman vs. Superman due for release in summer 2015. For those unaware, Ben Affleck was cast as Batman.

mInx8rG.jpg

pizzaman

Northwoods of Wisconsin
Rented Nebraska (dvd) this weekend. Great adult film. No explosions or CGI, just a good plot, very well acted.

CardsIllinifan8

C
@IanKEvans2

What is your opinion of Affleck getting the Batman role? IMO, I wished they would of gotten someone better.

I'm not going to answer for Ian but one thing to remember is that there were people who hated Michael Keaton being picked for the first Burton Batman movie and he ended up being arguably the best person to play Batman out of any of them.

CardsIllinifan8

C
I'm not going to answer for Ian but one thing to remember is that there were people who hated Michael Keaton being picked for the first Burton Batman movie and he ended up being arguably the best person to play Batman out of any of them.

Are you talking about until it got to Bale? Cause I have seen both as Batman and I like Bale better. But I am also 26, so I am sure that plays a role in my decision.

@IanKEvans2

What is your opinion of Affleck getting the Batman role? IMO, I wished they would of gotten someone better.

Are you talking about until it got to Bale? Cause I have seen both as Batman and I like Bale better. But I am also 26, so I am sure that plays a role in my decision.

I'm going to hold judgment until there is a product to judge, but Affleck has had his acting chops questioned before. Great director, no doubt, but hit or miss on the acting. I have more faith in Zack Snyder in moving this franchise forward (eventually to a Justice League series) than most.

As IlliniFanInHooserLand mentioned, Keaton was also questioned for the Batman role, and he performed admirably. Another similar example was Heath Ledger being chosen as the Joker. Go back to 2007/2008 and read the initial impressions of that decision; hilarious overreaction everywhere, and we all know how perfect he was for the role.

I will say that I prefer the Bale Batman over the Keaton Batman. But like CardsIlliniFan8, age may play a factor in that opinion. Also of note, I preferred the dark side of the story that Nolan told as compared to Burton (somewhat off topic).

Status
Not open for further replies.