Box Office Films

Warner Bros. pushing the new Christopher Nolan film, Tenet, back two more weeks, to July 31st. Was originally supposed to be the first new wide release in theaters once they reopened. Now Mulan will be the first wide release film on July 24th. In place of Tenet on July 17th, Warner Bros. will re-release Inception to celebrate the film's 10th anniversary.

Ian, how was Pete Davidson in that movie? I was curious to see that film based on what I've seen him do on SNL.

Pete seems to be pretty hit-or-miss to a lot of folks I've talked to, but in this film he was really strong. I wonder if it's perhaps due to the story being loosely based on his own life (i.e., losing his father at a young age), but it's easy to empathize with his character because of his performance.

Some more release dates being pushed back or moved around:

-Unhinged (new Russell Crowe movie that is being used as a test case for films opening in theaters): Pushed back from July 1 to July 10.
-Bill and Ted Face The Music: Moved up a week from August 21st to August 14th
-No Time To Die (new Bond movie): Moved up from November 25th to November 20th
-Tom & Jerry (live action/animated film version of the cartoon): Pushed back from December 23, 2020 to March 5, 2021.
-Godzilla vs. Kong: Moved from November 20, 2020 to May 21, 2021 (This would have it released the same weekend as the new Saw movie that stars Chris Rock and Samuel L. Jackson)
-The Witches (adaptation of the Roald Dahl book being directed and co-written by Robert Zemeckis): Moved from October 9, 2020 to an undetermined 2021 release date
-The Matrix 4: Pushed back from May 21, 2021 to April 1, 2022

In addition, Wonder Woman 1984 has been pushed back for a 3rd time. It is now set to be released on October 2.

Reactions: krushdad
He filmed those movies while battling colon cancer. That is beastly.

Reactions: IanKEvans2
I knew the original plan for the next stage of the MCU was to center it around Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, and Black Panther. I wonder if they stay with that and just find someone to replace Boseman in the role or if they go another route.

I had also forgotten that he played Jackie Robinson in 42 and today was Jackie Robinson Day for this season in MLB.

Reactions: IanKEvans2
For posters on here of a certain age, this will make you feel old...

Home Alone was released in theaters 30 years ago today and the first Harry Potter film was released in theaters 19 years ago today.