Brad Underwood Named Illini Basketball Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
[youtube]hZVSZzFezUE[/youtube]
[YOUTUBE]Ni-sAg5OjIc[/YOUTUBE]
[youtube]M7PppVXTUto[/youtube]

University of Illinois Director of Athletics Josh Whitman has taken the first step in helping Illinois Basketball return to a place of national prominence by hiring Brad Underwood as the 18th Fighting Illini men's head coach.

http://www.fightingillini.com/news/2017/3/18/mens-basketball-underwood-hired.aspx

Illinois has hired Oklahoma State’s Brad Underwood, sources told ESPN

Last edited by a moderator:

FeelTheLovie

Louisville, KY
Wow. Big time poaching job by JW. We may have the next big time AD and that's an understatement. Were going to watch good basketball again.

I'll just post this again now. SF Austin pre and post Underwood and Oklahoma St. pre Underwood.

Untitled.png

Well that came out of no where...I kid I kid I'm pretty sure we discussed every possible head coaching possibility there is out there.

I am glad everyone is so excited about the hire. I had to come and see what others thought.

My thoughts: a flop of a hire. I expected much more.:confused:

Soxfreak64

Bloomington
We done pretty good gang. Especially if Jamall and the recruits he's tied to stay on board.

Then we're really cooking with gasoline. Even if they don't, this looks pretty good.

Good lord is it gonna be fun to watch a real offense again.

DReq

Always Illini
Central Illinois
Great hire! We are going to see some real offense from the O&B!

#wewillwin

Ubermensch

BOOM! Feed my ego.
Illinois will be in the tournament next year. Make no mistake about it. The question is how does he do in the long term? As long as he can recruit some guys, Illinois basketball will be fun to watch, and we'll win some games.

Serious Late

Peoria via Denver via Ann Arbor via Albuquerque vi
Wow! Didn't think this hire would be an option, but I like it! Good move by JW, feels like this was kept pretty well under wraps until it happened!

Now, help me get rid of my signature, Brad! :D

If you don't think this is a good hire, you aren't paying attention.

The Galloping Ghost

Washington, DC
So JW has shown with 2 hires that he can act extremely quickly. Underwood was hired pretty much exactly 24 hours after OSU got bounced out of the tourney. I'm impressed with how JW gets things done.

For those of you who said, "I like Keatts, but I wish I could see him at a bigger place", THIS IS IT.

Great coach. Not as spashy as some other names on the initial list, but he's a dang good basketball coach. GREAT HIRE!

Status
Not open for further replies.