Brad Underwood Named Illini Basketball Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will run a fun offense watch a lot of Big 12 basketball due to having grown up Iowa State fan. Ok state was one of the best offensive teams in the country. Suppose to be good X and O coach but has spent most of his coaching career as an assistant. Will be interesting how he recruits which is a big key. If struggles with recruiting I see nothing more then another Bruce Weber we will see

Well offense is what the kids like to do these days and sells systems - what are the chances Frazier and Tillmon stay on board?

For those of you who said, "I like Keatts, but I wish I could see him at a bigger place", THIS IS IT.

Great coach. Not as spashy as some other names on the initial list, but he's a dang good basketball coach. GREAT HIRE!

This seems like a reasonable description. I expected a much bigger name. This doesn't excite me really at all. But that doesn't mean he can't succeed.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Well offense is what the kids like to do these days and sells systems - what are the chances Frazier and Tillmon stay on board?

What are the chances that people will start spelling "Tilmon" correctly by the time he's on campus?

The Galloping Ghost

Washington, DC
Underwood can walk into every recruit's home and ask him if he wants to run the most efficient offense in college basketball. That's going to win some recruiting battles.

He will hire great recruiters to surround him! Casey (Whitman) did not strike out - he hit a home run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Underwood it is! I kinda like it. He looks angry. I'm angry. Let's go win some games!

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal
Well, every national college basketball writer and every person that pays even a little attention to Big XII basketball is super impressed.....but it doesn't do it for JiroDreamsOfMcRibs. So I guess I'm pretty torn.

For those of you who said, "I like Keatts, but I wish I could see him at a bigger place", THIS IS IT.

Great coach. Not as spashy as some other names on the initial list, but he's a dang good basketball coach. GREAT HIRE!

Yep. Great hire! I didn't give him as much thought as I probably should have because I assumed Ok State would not let him get away. Great work JW! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.