Brad Underwood Named Illini Basketball Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 29907

D
UVA on pace for 34 points tonight. Good thing we didn't go after THAT guy.

Impressive strategy

In retrospect, I am amazed at the level of sophistication in JW's approach. From BU's comment on 'watching Michigan's first round BIG game', it was clear that this wasn't a spur of the moment thing. For whatever reason, JW knew he was unhappy and would listen. The biggest risk was OSU getting wind of it and launching a pre-emptive approach or else other programs (like IU, Missouri or potentially UCLA if Alford leaves) getting wind that Underwood was listening to alternatives. I can only attribute the flurry of 'insider' 'sharpies' this week to a targeted disinformation campaign to throw everyone off the scent long enough. It probably would have greatly complicated JW's life if OSU had made the Sweet 16 -tough to manage the information that long and Illini Nation would have had seizures all next week if nothing was announced on Monday 'as promised.' The whole execution is extremely impressive for a young AD in a high pressure, complex situation. Well done Josh.

the national

the Front Range
UVA on pace for 34 points tonight. Good thing we didn't go after THAT guy.

HAHA! I thought the same thing. Dont get me wrong, he is an awesome coach but man, we have a fun one in Underwood.

Who knew Florida would be beating them up soo badly!

Welcome Brad Underwood:illinois::chief::illinois:

My confirmation name is Brad.:eek:

Brad Effin Underwood:eek:

The BFU era has begun:thumb:

Looking forward to next March's games! :cool:Not next March's threads!:tsk:

:illinois:LL!

Deleted member 29907

D
In retrospect, I am amazed at the level of sophistication in JW's approach. From BU's comment on 'watching Michigan's first round BIG game', it was clear that this wasn't a spur of the moment thing. For whatever reason, JW knew he was unhappy and would listen. The biggest risk was OSU getting wind of it and launching a pre-emptive approach or else other programs (like IU, Missouri or potentially UCLA if Alford leaves) getting wind that Underwood was listening to alternatives. I can only attribute the flurry of 'insider' 'sharpies' this week to a targeted disinformation campaign to throw everyone off the scent long enough. It probably would have greatly complicated JW's life if OSU had made the Sweet 16 -tough to manage the information that long and Illini Nation would have had seizures all next week if nothing was announced on Monday 'as promised.' The whole execution is extremely impressive for a young AD in a high pressure, complex situation. Well done Josh.

All those empty planes traveling to Naples and such.... nice diversionary tactics. :)

Its possible BU reached out to express interest at some point. Wasn't the 'inside' information that Cuonzo did the same?

Wokker

"The Good Land", WI
https://youtu.be/HHp4_K0KdmM

I don't know offenses... But this was insightful. The days of standing around are over. So many layups, so many cutters, so many different actions. Me like.

I wonder if leron and finke are salivating as much about their potential role as the five as I am? All that pinch post, roll, pick and pop action is what our previous regime was obviously trying to develop with them both.

We just lacked the Xs and Os before now.

the national

the Front Range
Welcome Brad Underwood:illinois::chief::illinois:

My confirmation name is Brad.:eek:

Brad Effin Underwood:eek:

The BFU era has begun:thumb:

Looking forward to next March's games! :cool:Not next March's threads!:tsk:

:illinois:LL!

Appreciate the enthusiasm. Please no BFU.

Obviously the biggest concern is recruiting and I don't see an obvious Chicago recruiter at his disposal.

Having said that the offensive potential is really intriguing.

The year prior to Underwood's arrival at Stephen F. Austin they averaged 64.8 ppg.

The next 3 years a Stephen F. Austin:

Oklahoma St.

2016-66.5
2017-85.7 :eek:

oSu will hate BU more than we hated Self when he left.

how much you wanna bet we get put into a similar tourney bracket as oSu in the next two years ?

Somehow we will match up with OSU in the first round of he NCAA tournament, and the committee will lie and deny that they dont factor in these things.

Awesome hire and I think our players and recruits will love to play in a # 1 Offense.

Keeping Walker is Key right now- He is the Key to holding this outstanding Recruiting class intact.

Awesome hire and I think our players and recruits will love to play in a # 1 Offense.

Keeping Walker is Key right now- He is the Key to holding this outstanding Recruiting class intact.

Thought it was reported Walker is staying?

Glad to see the games should be high scoring.:chief:

There's no need to fear, Underwood is here!:doh:

Having been at Western for several years, he should know the area.

I am AMPED UP:illinois::hailtotheorange::illinois:

rmlsr

El Paso,IL
Not so Sure

Think about it... Walker is prob looking to get as big of a pay increase as he can out of it before the deal is completely done. No worries here part of contract talks.:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.