BTN Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcib8130

Parts Unknown
So, I have some time coming up to be able to watch the games that will be on BTN+. Can i get a gist of the circumstances here? I believe that i should wait until November, keep it through the month, then cancel at the end of November. I know there is one more game on that channel (Dec. 30th) but I can fathom spending another $10 for one game being aired. Kudos to BTN for trying to squeeze every drop out of the deal, though!

https://www.btn2go.com/packages?type=0
$9.95/month Illinois option

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I have some time coming up to be able to watch the games that will be on BTN+. Can i get a gist of the circumstances here? I believe that i should wait until November, keep it through the month, then cancel at the end of November. I know there is one more game on that channel (Dec. 30th) but I can fathom spending another $10 for one game being aired. Kudos to BTN for trying to squeeze every drop out of the deal, though!

Correct. I have BTN, and it really ticks me off that they would charge me twice for the same product. I looked at the schedule, and they have 5 games on BTN+

The opener with Southern 11/10
Marshall 11/19
Augustana 11/22
NC Central 11/24
GC 12/30

So yes, if you're going to give in, I would do November, then cancel any renewal immediately unless you absolutely have to have the 12/30 game.

haasi

New York
FIVE GAMES! :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmilt7

Waukegan
Correct. I have BTN, and it really ticks me off that they would charge me twice for the same product. I looked at the schedule, and they have 5 games on BTN+

The opener with Southern 11/10
Marshall 11/19
Augustana 11/22
NC Central 11/24
GC 12/30

So yes, if you're going to give in, I would do November, then cancel any renewal immediately unless you absolutely have to have the 12/30 game.

Remember, though, often BTN will replay these BTN+ games later, like the next day or so. At least I think they do. I know, you don't have the real live experience and I don't guarantee they do every single one. And often it is late at night or early morning so you may have to record it. Just a suggestion.

Deleted member 533939

D
They'll continue to not see another dime from me. What a joke.

Remember, though, often BTN will replay these BTN+ games later, like the next day or so. At least I think they do. I know, you don't have the real live experience and I don't guarantee they do every single one. And often it is late at night or early morning so you may have to record it. Just a suggestion.

The GC is the only one of note....leave unsubscribed until then and then sign up for December and then cancel as part of a new years resolution! :thumb:

kcib8130

Parts Unknown
Thanks everyone! Hopefully it runs a bit smoother than my WWE network, that buffers all the time during PPV's!

illini80

Forgottonia

https://www.btn2go.com/packages?type=0
$9.95/month
Yep! We're all so happy with the money the BTN is bringing in, no one seems to stop and realize we are the ones they are getting all that money from!

jmilt7

Waukegan

I could be wrong about this. I thought BTN+ games are sometimes rebroadcast on BTN but I checked next week's games and didn't see any, not Illinois, not anyone else. So maybe I am misremembering. The Illinois Southern game is not rebroadcast on BTN at least not through Thursday, Nov. 16 according to BTN TV schedule. On the website it only goes through that date (only two weeks at a time are shown, apparently).

I could be wrong about this. I thought BTN+ games are sometimes rebroadcast on BTN but I checked next week's games and didn't see any, not Illinois, not anyone else. So maybe I am misremembering. The Illinois Southern game is not rebroadcast on BTN at least not through Thursday, Nov. 16 according to BTN TV schedule. On the website it only goes through that date (only two weeks at a time are shown, apparently).

Well, that is a bummer. I hid from the results last season and watched the replays on BTN. In the past we have had to ask for refunds due to poor stream quality, or lack of video for half of a game. Then there is the fact that you have to remember to cancel the subscription so that you are not billed more than twice. Alas, the things we go through for Illinois Basketball. :eek:

jmilt7

Waukegan
Well, that is a bummer. I hid from the results last season and watched the replays on BTN. In the past we have had to ask for refunds due to poor stream quality, or lack of video for half of a game. Then there is the fact that you have to remember to cancel the subscription so that you are not billed more than twice. Alas, the things we go through for Illinois Basketball. :eek:

Well, I would probably still check. I may have missed it. I have been known to not see things that are right in front of my face. And maybe the other games will be replayed. It seems in the past most of the BTN+ games were replayed, but not all (I am speaking specifically of Illinois games).

On another note. I cut the cord many years ago so paying for BTN+ is not the onerous task for me as for others who pay for cable. So I just signed up and noticed what I think is a new option, the ability to not auto renew. There is box that is checked by default that says "Auto Renew" or words to that effect. So I am assuming that unchecking that means I don't have to cancel. Of course, I will probably contact BTN and cancel anyway as I don't trust them to not auto renew me.

Last edited:
Okay I just subscribed for the game. I can cancel my subscription now and it will still allow me to see all the games for a month right?

Dan

Admin
Okay I just subscribed for the game. I can cancel my subscription now and it will still allow me to see all the games for a month right?
Yes, first make sure you've been billed already for the month.

To cancel: My Account > My Subscriptions > Cancel Subscription

HC Illini

HC Illini
I have the amazon firestick and use Kodi. Has anyone ever watched BTN+on Kodi?

If anything I’ve found Kodi to have less accessible content than it did a year ago. So I️ wouldn’t count on it. The live streams for games I did find last year were awful.

illini67

springfield
It's usually 2 to 3 days later, i dvr them. all the btn plus are rebroadcast.

I didn’t see any rebroadcasts on to BTN for our games, but others are already listed. Not looking good and looking like I’m gonna bits the bullet.

2 questions:

1) do I have to watch live or are games available to watch whenever? I will hardly ever be able to watch live.

2) will I be able to stay away from scores/stats with the BTN plus app? I don’t want spoilers when I go in to watch.

2) will I be able to stay away from scores/stats with the BTN plus app? I don’t want spoilers when I go in to watch.

The BTN app (not sure this is the same thing) has an option to disable scores for games to avoid spoilers.

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
FYI, I couldn't find BTN Plus on AppleTV. Looks like I'll have to get it and watch on the laptop.

Dan

Admin
1) do I have to watch live or are games available to watch whenever? I will hardly ever be able to watch live.
Replay should be available later that night or the next day. I just subscribed and can replay a BTN Plus Oct. 25th Illini soccer match.

The Sprouting Divot

Invisible and Bulletproof
Miracle Mile
Is every Big Ten team getting squeezed like this, or are we just stuck in the cellar of broadcast appeal due to a decade of slowly decaying mediocrity?

FYI, I couldn't find BTN Plus on AppleTV. Looks like I'll have to get it and watch on the laptop.

Yeah that is what I as hoping for as well. I thought about playing on my phone and just air playing it to my tv but it looses some video quality when doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.