BTN Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmilt7

Waukegan
I know many people prefer to listen to a different audio feed. I was not able to watch the game live and will watch it sometime this weekend, is there a way to have that other audio feed, too. That is, is It possible to access the radio feed also this weekend when I watch? Can that be replayed, too?

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Sorry, I don't want to turn this into a user support forum, but perhaps readers will be patient with me if it means we're confirming that we're not putting our secure data at risk.

I'm using chrome version 70. Per this post to the google security blog, it is with the release of version 70 that certs issued by Symantec are no longer trusted. When I look at the details of the btn2go cert, it does appear to be a Symantec issued cert.

Would you be willing to share which browser and version you're using? And is the cert you're seeing for the site, one that's issued by Symantec? I'm trying to determine whether a 2nd person is having this issue. The btn csr I chatted with didn't seem too open to the possibility that their site has an issue.

[update: This 2nd blog post seems to indicate not all users of chrome 70 will initially see the warning, so that could explain why others haven't reported.]

I quit using Nortons symantec years ago because of compatibility issues with websites, downloading etc.....using Kaspersky for last 4-5 years with no issues at all and seems like the antivirus product is better than Norton and Mcafee combined....

I need some help. I signed up but all I got was a blank screen. They weren't much help. Any suggestions??

illini80

Forgottonia
Do all teams have an equal number of games on BTN+?

Poor quality streams are the main reason I refuse to pay for it again. Unwatchable at times. I can stream HD movies without a problem so I wouldn't think its a bandwidth problem.

Dan

Admin
Do all teams have an equal number of games on BTN+?
B1G teams have between 2-5 BTN Plus games.

Ind, Mich, Pur, Terps, Wisc are the lucky teams requiring only 1 month of subscription (everyone else requires 2 months subscription for all their BTN+ games).

Illinois and Rutgers have the most BTN Plus games, 5 each. Go Illini

westms77

Gilbert, AZ
Illinois and Rutgers have the most BTN Plus games, 5 each. Go Illini

Not sure I like being in the sports group with them...let's hope that changes soon

I have 300MB AT&T out here in CA and my stream was pretty solid. Heck, I used the BTN app on my iPhone and then mirrored it to my big-screen via Apple TV. Doesn't give you the best resolution, but it wasn't choppy at all.

Next game may be fully on the phone while I sit in the back yard and smoke a cigar. Sometimes living in CA isn't all bad.

jmilt7

Waukegan
Just for anyone's information or who has had any trouble replaying the game via Roku. I installed the BTN2Go app (channel?) on both of my Roku 3 devices. I am able to log in to BTN Plus and I am able to find the Illinois vs Illinois Wesleyan game but when I click on "Play" it briefly, like a second, shows a "loading" page but then goes back to the "Play" page. Wrote BTN tech support (and got a reply almost right away, surprisingly) which said:

Thank you for contacting BTN2Go support. We have identified an issue with archived games on some Roku devices. We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately we cannot give you a timetable on a fix. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Best Regards,
BTN2Go support

CAIllini

West Coast
Just for anyone's information or who has had any trouble replaying the game via Roku. I installed the BTN2Go app (channel?) on both of my Roku 3 devices. I am able to log in to BTN Plus and I am able to find the Illinois vs Illinois Wesleyan game but when I click on "Play" it briefly, like a second, shows a "loading" page but then goes back to the "Play" page. Wrote BTN tech support (and got a reply almost right away, surprisingly) which said:

Thank you for contacting BTN2Go support. We have identified an issue with archived games on some Roku devices. We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately we cannot give you a timetable on a fix. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Best Regards,
BTN2Go support

I had the same issue. In the end I streamed it from my BTN2Go app on my phone to my Chromecast. But as a heads up for you, the Roku streaming sticks can also act as Chromecast stream destination. You should be able to bring up the app, start the video, then stream it to the Roku using google's streaming protocol. Icon to stream looks something like one of these:

hqdefault.jpg

(you could also stream from Chrome browser to Roku stick, but I find phone is easiest)

pruman91

Paducah, Ky

Best Regards,
BTN2Go support
thank you...I'm using roku and couldn't replay the game either...

I'm in an area that doesn't have BTN, but I've been able to get BTN by paying an arm and a leg for YouTube TV. I don't see anything on YTTV about BTN Plus. Does anyone know how (if?) I can get BTN Plus on YTTV?

BTN plus is an extra service that you pay for. if you want jsut a single school (like..say Illinois) it's $9.99/month. It's an on-line/streaming only service separate from any other service. At this point you only need it for 1 month (December) if you want to watch MBB.

Just remember that you need to actively go out and cancel the service when you're done with it, otherwise they'll keep on charging you $9.99/mo.

Thanks for the reminder. I just canceled my subscription. I'll still be able to watch the remaining BTN+ games.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Just a heads up on cancelling subscription...I had to click on cancel 2 times and then got message " good to watch thru 1/1/2019..."

cancellation done

Deleted member 29907

D
BTN plus is an extra service that you pay for. if you want jsut a single school (like..say Illinois) it's $9.99/month. It's an on-line/streaming only service separate from any other service. At this point you only need it for 1 month (December) if you want to watch MBB.

Just remember that you need to actively go out and cancel the service when you're done with it, otherwise they'll keep on charging you $9.99/mo.
When you sign up, you can also uncheck the "auto-renew" box and you'll only get a month's worth. Of course, you'll have to repeat if you want another month but it saves you from having to remember to cancel.

Status
Not open for further replies.