Cardinals Hot Stove

Why? Why can't it be Fowler that steps up and plays at a higher level? It is just as likely of a scenario as one of the other players playing at that level.
I think it's much more likely that the younger guys continue to learn and improve. Fowler's been in the league for 10 years, he is what he is. Average at his best, but potentially terrible at times. Hopefully the young guys can step up and give us more exciting baseball.

Dispatch articles the last two days don’t inspire me much. DeWitt saying we are 6th in payroll and 11th in revenue; expects Carp to bounce back. Article describes how we are “hamstrung” by money owed Fowler, Carp, Goldy, Leake, Cecil and Miller.

Mo sounds like he’s content to sit pat.

I just don’t get it. Status quo is a bubble type team. Maybe they are managing expectations but I believe them we that sound content.
It’s cha Ching and hope for a lucky break.

Dispatch articles the last two days don’t inspire me much. DeWitt saying we are 6th in payroll and 11th in revenue; expects Carp to bounce back. Article describes how we are “hamstrung” by money owed Fowler, Carp, Goldy, Leake, Cecil and Miller.

I just don’t get it. Status quo is a bubble type team. Maybe they are managing expectations but I believe them we that sound content.
I expected this to me the thought process of the front office. They will not go all in and dump contracts getting next to nothing in return and then go out on the FA market and bring in some block buster FAs. Truth is that doesn't work out very often. And if that is their plan, DeWitt HAS to say what he did publicly if he hopes to get any kind of value in return.

I just don't see them signing a third baseman or corner outfielder. If they get a starting pitcher he will be a SP # 3 at best. Relievers will be 6th, 7th inning type.

The contention of the front office is they made it to the NLCS with many players under performing. They can do it again if some of them move back closer to their career norms.

I just don’t think Carpenter is a good enough third baseman for a team trying to win a championship. He wasn’t good enough this year and last year he was at first.

Champaign

so DimWitt says they are hamstrung by all those contracts. Did anyone ask him who made those contracts, yes the same guy he just gave an extension to, Mo.

In fairness the writer said hamstrung. DeWitt said 6th in salaries and 11th in revenue.

For better or worse, Waino's back.

The preference, even as he hit free agency for the first time in his career and could field offers from other interested teams, was always to return for one more year, that last encore before the curtain, with the Cardinals.
Adam Wainwright will get that chance.
Wainwright and the Cardinals agreed to a one-year deal Tuesday morning. The team announced the contract on Twitter before confirming it.

Not really hot stove worthy but...

Cardinals are going to have all their weeknight home games in April, May, August, and September start at 6:45. The only exception will be their final home game on Wednesday September 23rd vs. the Brewers which will start at 5:45 due to Milwaukee having to play in San Francisco the next night.