Champaign Urbana Construction Projects

Former Krush Cow
South Bend, IN
Abe made it back into Lincoln Hall! (Pic from this afternoon.)

I might should go take another without the shadow, but I do like that the lighting in there is much better than it was.
Glad I can finally go in this building for the first time. I can't believe I'm going to be a Senior and I've never been in the building or touched Lincoln's nose.

The camera never lies
Champaign
A couple road projects are underway. St. Marys road between 4th and near the tennis facility had been dug up and graded (work further East to be done after this section is done I believe).
4th St. South from St. Marys road to Windsor has been dug out and marked, still a long way to go. When finished 4th St. to Windsor should make a difference in clearing out traffic after Assembly Hall events.

The camera never lies
Champaign
It looks like they are going East to Lincoln at the same time, the day I was there they stopped at Atkins, driving down Lincoln today they had St.Marys torn up there and as far west as I could see.

The camera never lies
Champaign
Got a look at St. Marys road today, they are putting in curbs in some parts and was told they were making it wider with bike/jogging lanes. If true thats a huge relief with the extra lanes .

The camera never lies
Champaign
St. Marys road is now open. 2 lanes with curbs in spots. No biking or jogging lane, those groups need to stay the heck off that road. But what a sweet smooth ride finally.

The camera never lies
Champaign
Anyone have any updates on the Curtis Rd residential and commercial development? It's been 4 years since it was built.
I haven't heard anything for months, once the economy went south everything got put on hold. I go by it weekly, nothing has changed.

The camera never lies
Champaign
The extension of 4rth St. South from St. Marys to Windsor is pretty much dug out and staked. Another road will connect 4rth street (when extended) West to connect to the road that is just South of the UI Credit Union ( leads to the Fire Service Inst.)

The widening of Windsor to accommodate the future 4rth street intersection is nearing completion.

They finally added some asphalt patches to the craters on 4rth St. just East of the Assembly Hall. Next to the old St.Marys road (now fixed) this has to be the worst section of road on campus.

The camera never lies
Champaign
http://www.news-gazette.com/news/ed...oncrete-pave-way-fourth-street-extension.html

CHAMPAIGN — For 12 hours on Thursday, workers poured, smoothed and worked the concrete that will become a 4,100-foot segment of a street that officials hope will spur the continued development of the University of Illinois Research Park.

Stark Excavating dumped about 24 truckloads of concrete per hour into the bed for a new section of South Fourth Street between St. Mary's and Windsor roads. For the city, it was the biggest concrete pour since a massive reconstruction of Curtis Road.

Chicago/Champaign
Woodridge, IL
Had a chance to walk around it last Friday. I'm pretty jealous. Only had classes in it my Freshmen year before they closed it for renovations. Certainly wasn't as nice as it is now.

That's a nice looking building. I like the effect of the panels on the exterior. And am I seeing this correctly? It looks as if the building widens slightly as it elevates. It appears that the inset area at the garden level expands out as it goes up to match or exceed the wider area above the 1st floor. Maybe it's an optical illusion?

Woodridge, IL
All these high rise apartments are getting kind of ridiculous. This 27 story one will be at 4th and Green, a 14 story building at 6th and Green, and a 12 story hotel/apartment building across the street in Lot J next to Legends, this in addition to Burnham and 309 Green. Are they still planning the smaller building next to 309?

I was unaware there was such a demand, let alone enough students who can actually afford these apartments.