Champaign Urbana Construction Projects

4th & Chalmers, a few years ago...Now? Weeki Wach
Wow, I lived in an apt. at 908 W. Nevada for two years from 75-76. Over the years the University has bought most of the properties along Nevada St. and torn them down to build offices, parking lots, and classrooms. 908 was the last building standing.
I was back in CU last fall, and much to my dismay, the University had finally torn down my old apartment building as well.
I suppose that's progress, but man do I have a lot of fond memories of that place.
My GF lived in ISR, 6th floor. Is ISR still there?

There are four giant tower cranes on campus now. Two on sixth and green, one at fourth and green and one at the six pack. Campus is starting to look like it did just before the recession, with construction everywhere.

There are four giant tower cranes on campus now. Two on sixth and green, one at fourth and green and one at the six pack. Campus is starting to look like it did just before the recession, with construction everywhere.
Had to look that up...you mean the dorms on Gregory? Like Forbes Hall? I lived there, 4th floor, 2nd semester freshman year...

Wow. I wonder if Lundgren is still there, 4th and Greg. I lived in the "basement" there first semester freshman year, me and my buddy had a manhole cover into the tunnels in the middle of our room. The whole floor froze in the winter, our room was toasty warm...:thumb::thumb:

Deleted member 3875

D
After leaving our fraternity, 16 of us got 4 - 4 BR appts. on 16th floor in what was Century 21 at the time. The indoor swimming pool was a great draw for coeds looking for a late night pool party in mid January. :cool:That was living the high life!