Chicago Bears 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong on Albert Wilson. Going to the Dolphins. Bears are signing Eagles TE Trey Burton.

He’ll be the more slot, H-back style TE to Shaheen’s more traditional on-the-line, “extra-tackle” style of TE.

I always liked Sammy Watkins more, but excited for AR15. The scary part is our top 2 wideouts are coming off ACL tears, and Kevin White has never been able to stay on the field. This is make or break for Pace. If he fails it won’t be for lack of effort in executing a plan, it will be because he lost on risk/reward side.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
The Bears' top three receivers going into next year all missed the entire 2017 season due to injury.

They just signed Taylor Gabriel from the Falcons, who played all 16 games last year. Assuming he’s ahead of White in the depth chart, that’s no longer true.

homesickalien

Springfield
Some really solid FA signings. These moves allow for some flexibity in the draft now. Go LB, CB, and OL in the draft and you've filled quite a few holes in the offseason.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Don't know the accuracy of this stat, but ESPN radio in Chicago stated Chase Daniel has made over $24M (maybe including this deal?) in the NFL while throwing less than 80 passes :eek:

Career back up making generational wealth. Great gig if you can get it.

The stat I heard yesterday was $26 million (prior to this deal) for less than 300 career snaps. Crazy...

Go ahead and call me crazy but I am predicting playoffs for the Bears this year. I am thinking Trubisky takes a major step forward this year. I liked what I saw last year, he just had nowhere to go with the football too many times. That will change this year.

Go ahead and call me crazy but I am predicting playoffs for the Bears this year. I am thinking Trubisky takes a major step forward this year. I liked what I saw last year, he just had nowhere to go with the football too many times. That will change this year.

You’re crazy.

Actually I don’t disagree with you. But it’s going to be tough to make the playoffs in the Bears’ division. Might be the toughest division in football. I see closer to 7 or 8 wins next year and then playoffs in ‘19.

You’re crazy.

Actually I don’t disagree with you. But it’s going to be tough to make the playoffs in the Bears’ division. Might be the toughest division in football. I see closer to 7 or 8 wins next year and then playoffs in ‘19.

Where do you get off calling me crazy. 😬. Detroit and Minnesota don’t scare me. Aaron Rodgers always will however. I might be jumping the gun but I feel good about the direction Pace has them headed. I have been relentlessly pessimistic about Illinois basketball the last few years so it feels good to see the arrow starting to turn up for the Bears.

We need OL help or trubisky won’t be able to get the ball to his new weapons.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Where do you get off calling me crazy. 😬. Detroit and Minnesota don’t scare me. Aaron Rodgers always will however. I might be jumping the gun but I feel good about the direction Pace has them headed. I have been relentlessly pessimistic about Illinois basketball the last few years so it feels good to see the arrow starting to turn up for the Bears.
Who knows but I can't envision the Bears making the playoffs next season. Two games a piece with the Packers who have dominated the Bears for the past 20 years, the Lions who are now beating the Bears consistently, and the Vikes who now have Cousins. I believe the AFC East is on the ledger this season (meaning they play the Patriots; Jets, Bills, and Dolphins aren't too scary) as well as the NFC West (Rams, a road game at Seattle would be tough, the 49ers who beat the Bears last two out of last three seasons, and Cards). I believe they also get a crack against Tampa and the Giants.

Bears are electing not to match offer sheet from Saints for Cam Meredith.

Sounds like they weren't sure he'd be 100% to start the year. With all the time they've lost to injury recently, I can't say I'm surprised they let him walk rather than over-pay a guy they weren't sure would play.

Bears announced their preseason schedule today. In addition to the Hall of Fame game, the Bears will play at Cincinnati and Denver and then host Kansas City and Buffalo. This will be the first season since 2003 the Bears will not close the preseason vs. the Browns.

The team has also announced that starting this season, preseason and regular-season single game tickets will go on sale on one hour after the regular season schedule is announced by the NFL.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
The Bears regular season schedule has leaked out ahead of the official announcement tonight.
Week 1-@ Green Bay (Sunday Night Football)
Week 2-Seattle (Monday Night Football)
Week 3- @ Arizona
Week 4-Tampa Bay
Week 5-Bye
Week 6-@ Miami
Week 7-New England
Week 8-New York Jets
Week 9-@ Buffalo
Week 10-Detroit
Week 11-Minnesota
Week 12-@ Detroit (Thanksgiving)
Week 13-@ New York Giants
Week 14-LA Rams
Week 15-Green Bay
Week 16-@ San Francisco
Week 17-@ Minnesota

With a few exceptions looks fairly difficult-especially weeks 10-17-Would like to at least split the first two

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
The Bears regular season schedule has leaked out ahead of the official announcement tonight.
Week 1-@ Green Bay (Sunday Night Football)
Week 2-Seattle (Monday Night Football)
Week 3- @ Arizona
Week 4-Tampa Bay
Week 5-Bye
Week 6-@ Miami
Week 7-New England
Week 8-New York Jets
Week 9-@ Buffalo
Week 10-Detroit
Week 11-Minnesota
Week 12-@ Detroit (Thanksgiving)
Week 13-@ New York Giants
Week 14-LA Rams
Week 15-Green Bay
Week 16-@ San Francisco
Week 17-@ Minnesota

With a few exceptions looks fairly difficult-especially weeks 10-17-Would like to at least split the first two

It's looking kinda 8-8 for me, since we have all necessary info to make such a prediction!

Schedule including game times:
DbLnKLmWkAA6ZRR.jpg

That fang logo needs to die right now... I swear they pulled that from Madden 12 create a team.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
I don't think this is a new logo they are working in. I think it was part of the comic book style video they used to release the schedule. That is my hope anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.