Chicago Bears 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
It's looking kinda 8-8 for me, since we have all necessary info to make such a prediction!

Are there any draft pick choices you think the Bears could make tomorrow that might swing them an extra win?

Also unrelated but I think Sam Darnold is a bust and it will be classic Browns to burn another draft pick on Darnold.

Last edited:
Are there any draft pick choices you think the Bears could make tomorrow that might swing them an extra win?

I think an elite pass rusher who hits the ground running would have the chance to swing a win or two the Bears way. So basically, if Chubb falls into their laps. (Which isn’t completely impossible if 4 qbs and Barkley get picked before the Bears go.)

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
I'm hoping Quenton Nelson falls to them. He's played for Heistand for the past several years and knows what he wants from his OL.

I'm hoping Quenton Nelson falls to them. He's played for Heistand for the past several years and knows what he wants from his OL.

If the Browns (in one of two picks), Giants and Jets take QBs and someone else trades up to take a QB (Bills have the picks and the need), then one of Nelson or Chubb will be available for the Bears, assuming Barkley is the other non-QB pick.

If none of those things happen, I could see the Bears being the one that trades down with Buffalo and then take the best of the remaining DBs. I could also see them staying in that spot and taking Roquon Smith.

I Agree. For all the grief Cutler got for turnovers, I see Darnold as Cutler redux.

Too many turnovers for my liking. Glad Bears aren't faced with that decision.

Which means he will probably have a H-O-F career :D

A good coach can coach those turnovers out of Darnold.

And Deshaun Watson averaged a turnover/game in his career at Clemson.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
If the Browns (in one of two picks), Giants and Jets take QBs and someone else trades up to take a QB (Bills have the picks and the need), then one of Nelson or Chubb will be available for the Bears, assuming Barkley is the other non-QB pick.

If none of those things happen, I could see the Bears being the one that trades down with Buffalo and then take the best of the remaining DBs. I could also see them staying in that spot and taking Roquon Smith.

My wish list is:
1. Chubb (not going to happen)
2. Nelson (less realistic but possible)
3a. Edmunds (big upside, very little depth at LB)
3b. Fitzpatrick (he’s going to be very good)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
If the Bears stay at no. 8, I think they will choose either Smith, Nelson, or Edmunds. Nelson looks like a can't-miss, but as a guard he better be a perennial pro-bowler to be drafted that high. However they have a huge need at linebacker and in the pass rush. They might only be one or two players away from being a great defense too. We'll know in about an hour!

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
For the first time in four years Pace makes a first round pick that needs no defending and is expected to start right away, a stud with immense upside and not much apparent downside. Thank goodness.

Bears picked James Daniels, C, Iowa at pick #39.

They then traded up with New England to #51 and gave up one of their 4th rounders this year as well as a 2nd rounder next year.

Bears picked Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis at pick #51.

I’m no scouting expert but Shaquem Griffin is going to be a steal for someone today. I know there’s some things that he might struggle with but he was the best player on the field in my eyes against Auburn in their bowl game. Probably not a big position of need for the Bears now but would still love to see it.

You give up a second rond pick AND a fourth rounder just to get a second round pick? I get they didn't have a third round pick, but trades like this one show why.

The consensus I've heard is that the Bears actually won this trade based on that point chart they talk about that GMs have that have a point for each draft position.

Status
Not open for further replies.