Chicago Bears 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got hosed by the officials yesterday. That was pathetic. The bears are owed one of those meaningless apologies officials or the league have to make sometimes.

Quite literally added insult to injury. Probably the last play of his career and it should have been a great touchdown.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Without that horrible touchdown overturn the bears would have been down probably only 20-17 and would have only needed another 20 yards or so for a game-tying field goal on the last drive.

Without that horrible touchdown overturn the bears would have been down probably only 20-17 and would have only needed another 20 yards or so for a game-tying field goal on the last drive.

Dont commit the stupid offside on their fg attempt and they only get 3 instead of 7 combined with the Miller td and we are up 17-16 probably with the ball.

A rare case of the Pats overplaying their hand.

They got into a position where G was going to be a free agent, they couldn’t justify franchise tagging him, and they couldn’t find a way for him to play and increase his value.

They probably would have gotten more for him last offseason, but were making such outrageous demands (two 1st round picks) that they scared everyone away. If they’d been more reasonable, G might be a Bear right now.

A rare case of the Pats overplaying their hand.

They got into a position where G was going to be a free agent, they couldn’t justify franchise tagging him, and they couldn’t find a way for him to play and increase his value.

They probably would have gotten more for him last offseason, but were making such outrageous demands (two 1st round picks) that they scared everyone away. If they’d been more reasonable, G might be a Bear right now.

Even a second round pick might be overpaying.

How many patriot qbs have had good to great success out of NE?

How many patriot qbs have had good to great success out of NE?

Matt Cassel has had a pretty decent career, over 17,000 career yards and 100+ TDS, and is still a backup in Nashville.

Ryan Mallet stuck in the League and is going to get a shot with Flacco hurt in Baltimore.

Brissett hasn’t been awful subbing for Luck in Indy.

Add those guys to Brady and you could argue they’ve been one of the best teams in the NFL at drafting and developing qbs over the last 20 years. Consider that G was more highly touted coming out of college than any of those guys, but hasn’t had a chance to play and you can see why there’s some intrigue there.

ETA: depending on Flacco’s injury status and when G gets up and running, the Pats could have 4 former draft pick starting at qb in the next couple weeks.

Last edited:
Matt Cassel has had a pretty decent career, over 17,000 career yards and 100+ TDS, and is still a backup in Nashville.

Ryan Mallet stuck in the League and is going to get a shot with Flacco hurt in Baltimore.

Brissett hasn’t been awful subbing for Luck in Indy.

Add those guys to Brady and you could argue they’ve been one of the best teams in the NFL at drafting and developing qbs over the last 20 years. Consider that G was more highly touted coming out of college than any of those guys, but hasn’t had a chance to play and you can see why there’s some intrigue there.

ETA: depending on Flacco’s injury status and when G gets up and running, the Pats could have 4 former draft pick starting at qb in the next couple weeks.

Cassell is better than I thought, but a decent career. The rest? Meh? Maybe better than other back ups. Not trying to really disrespect NE and definitely not Brady. More so that a QB can look good to great one system and average in another

Something to think about next time Barth shanks one off the upright...

Robbie Gould is 27 for 29 since being let go by the Bears.

He’s 8th all time in career field goal percentage, with more attempts than anyone ahead of him except for Gostkowski.

What was the excuse for letting him go? I don’t remember or maybe never heard.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
He wanted more $$ than they were willing to pay him.
I'm not sure that's right. He had a pretty rough end to the 2015 season missing 6 out of his last 24 fg attempts and then they cut him in the final round of cuts after the last exhibition game last year after he missed two extra points in a game. Also his kickoffs were getting worse.

I was expecting the Bears to be abysmal this year. I’ve been kind of shocked that they haven’t been. With some games left against some real bad teams, 7-9 isn’t out of the question, which would be a major improvement over last year and far exceeding my peediction for the team.

I was expecting the Bears to be abysmal this year. I’ve been kind of shocked that they haven’t been. With some games left against some real bad teams, 7-9 isn’t out of the question, which would be a major improvement over last year and far exceeding my peediction for the team.

The defense has been phenomenal lately. Playoff level. The offense OTOH...

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
I'm not sure that's right. He had a pretty rough end to the 2015 season missing 6 out of his last 24 fg attempts and then they cut him in the final round of cuts after the last exhibition game last year after he missed two extra points in a game. Also his kickoffs were getting worse.

He was due to earn $3.5 million, which would have made him one of the Top 5 highest paid kickers in the league. His struggles made the Bears think that they could get the same or better production for far less money.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
I know I'm really sipping the orange and blue koolaid but if the Bears can win these next two against the Packers and Lions at home, they are legitimately in the playoff picture. Or at least in a place where you can talk about playoffs.

I know I'm really sipping the orange and blue koolaid but if the Bears can win these next two against the Packers and Lions at home, they are legitimately in the playoff picture. Or at least in a place where you can talk about playoffs.

That's a bit of koolaid.

But yeah, things are looking up.

Lions remaining schedule isn't too tough though as they only face one team currently with a .500+ record the rest of the season (Thanksgiving day vs. the Vikings).

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
That's a bit of koolaid.

But yeah, things are looking up.

Lions remaining schedule isn't too tough though as they only face one team currently with a .500+ record the rest of the season (Thanksgiving day vs. the Vikings).

Well at least they hold the tie-breaker against the Panthers!:thumb:

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
Bears currently a 5.5 point favorite for Sunday's game. First time Bears have been favored vs. Green Bay since 2008 season.

Interesting fact that I heard on the radio the other day, the Bears have been favored 5 times in the John Fox era (YIKES, that is all?). Also, the team is 0-5 in those games.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Can someone explain why on the Bears first drive when they had a holding penalty on second down that instead of replaying second down it went to third down instead? Also Bears look really flat early.

Status
Not open for further replies.