Bears / NFL Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bears, like many other teams, had to cut their roster down to 53 players. Here are the notable names who were cut:

WR Tanner Gentry, DB Doran Grant, DB Cre'Von LeBlanc, RB Taquan Mizzell, OL Jordan Morgan, RB Ryan Nall, LB John Timu, LB Jonathan Anderson, QB Tyler Bray, RB Knile Davis, WR Bennie Fowler III, and DL John Jenkins.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Bears, like many other teams, had to cut their roster down to 53 players. Here are the notable names who were cut:

WR Tanner Gentry, DB Doran Grant, DB Cre'Von LeBlanc, RB Taquan Mizzell, OL Jordan Morgan, RB Ryan Nall, LB John Timu, LB Jonathan Anderson, QB Tyler Bray, RB Knile Davis, WR Bennie Fowler III, and DL John Jenkins.
The only two on that list that played much at all if I am remembering correctly are
LeBlanc and Timu. Considering all of their additions at linebacker and in the secondary they really weren't surprises. It kind of shows how shallow the roster has been when there are no surprise cuts. Morgan was another wasted "experimental" pick.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Bears place Shaheen on IR, waive Grasu. Traded Diondre Hall to Eagles on Saturday.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Mack hype video (have to go to YouTube to watch):

ILL in IA

Iowa City
I'm not expecting a 12 win season or anything this year, but man this trade has Mack has me excited for Bears football again. Between how bad they have been, and now having kids of my own, the Bears have not been appointment TV for the last 4 years. I will be making time for games again.

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
I'm not expecting a 12 win season or anything this year, but man this trade has Mack has me excited for Bears football again. Between how bad they have been, and now having kids of my own, the Bears have not been appointment TV for the last 4 years. I will be making time for games again.

Me too! I am really excited to see how this all comes together. Of course, by the end of Sunday's game, it is likely that I will lose my buzz.

I'm not expecting 12 wins either, but if the Rams and Jags can make a big jump last year then why can't we do it this year? Excited to see how it all comes together.

Before the season I had the Bears at 7-9. With adding Mack, I can see them going 8-8 or 9-7. If they finish 8-8 they'll be out of the playoff hunt. If they finish 9-7, I think they'll be a fringe playoff team.

The first 4 games before the bye are going to be key. I'll be disappointed if they don't go at least 2-2 in that stretch (which they should now that they have Mack.)

Man, the schedule looks weak. I might actually be disappointed with less than 8 wins.

DDD98575-D814-43CD-A75D-C2789B5BB745.gif

19-0

Status
Not open for further replies.