Chicago Cubs 2017 Season

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
That they have. This series shares so many similarities to the 2015 NLCS against the Mets.

But much like the 2015 playoffs, I'm able to cherish the fun memories of the NLDS. Game 5 this year against Washington was unbelievable.

And while the odds are heavily stacked against them, there is still the off-chance for a comeback. One game at a time!

I predicted the Dodgers in 5 so I hope we can at least win tonight to not get swept.

But you are exactly right Ian. As of now, I am perfectly okay with not making the WS. In fact, I feel good for the rest of my life considering I got to see that amazing game 7 last year.

Now, talk to me in a couple years and we will see if I have changed my tune if we haven't won another ring.:D

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
I predicted the Dodgers in 5 so I hope we can at least win tonight to not get swept.

But you are exactly right Ian. As of now, I am perfectly okay with not making the WS. In fact, I feel good for the rest of my life considering I got to see that amazing game 7 last year.

Now, talk to me in a couple years and we will see if I have changed my tune if we haven't won another ring.:D
I knew the Cubs were going to struggle to win it again because of their bullpen weakness. This is proving to be the case (why oh WHY do they keep sending Carl Edwards Jr in there in pressure situations?). Aroldis Chapman was huge for them last season, having that one guy you could feel comfortable about in those late inning situations. Fix those issues and make another run at it next season. It took the Reds a few seasons to win another after they broke their drought, too. ;)

Game 4:
1. Almora, CF
2. Schwarber, LF
3. Bryant, 3B
4. Rizzo, 1B
5. Contreras, C
6. Russell, SS
7. Baez, 2B
8. Jay, RF
9. Arrieta, P

Never forget, we live in a world where the Yankees blew a 3-0 lead and the Falcons blew a 28-3 late in the third quarter...

danielb927

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Rochester, MN
In order to win four in a row, you have to first win one.

Make it two tomorrow.

Historically, just winning one has been the toughest proposition! Of the 36 series to date where a team has gone down 0-3, here's the breakdown of results:

Lost 0-4: 27 teams (75%)
Lost 1-4: 6 teams* (17%)
Lost 2-4: 2 teams (6%)
Lost 3-4: 0 teams
Won: 1 team (3%)

Or, if you want to look at it as the four elimination games come, the survival rate has been: 25%, 33%, 33%, 100%.

*includes two series that finished 0-4-1 (with 1 tie)

Game 5:
1. Almora, CF
2. Schwarber, LF
3. Bryant, 3B
4. Rizzo, 1B
5. Contreras, C
6. Russell, SS
7. Baez, 2B
8. Zobrist, RF
9. Quintana, P

Bosio was quietly suspended during the season over some comments he made about Eric Thames. Also took some undisclosed days off for personal matters at another time this season. I think he was the only pre-Maddon hire on the coaching staff.

Deleted member 526137

D
The ESPN article mentioned Jim Hickey as a possible replacement. Having worked with Joe and being from Chicago, it makes a lot of sense. Also, it would help in attracting free agents Alex Cobb and Jake McGee.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
The ESPN article mentioned Jim Hickey as a possible replacement. Having worked with Joe and being from Chicago, it makes a lot of sense. Also, it would help in attracting free agents Alex Cobb and Jake McGee.

Cards and Giants also in on Hickey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk