Chicago Cubs 2019 Season

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Just read on some sites/twitter that the little girl is okay. Thank goodness.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Just read on some sites/twitter that the little girl is okay. Thank goodness.

The newscasters down here were reporting that she was going to be ok at the 10 pm news last night. Nothing official from the Astros or the family as of this morning.

Good litmus test for the Cubs. Astros are the best team in baseball (IMO) and they played them pretty well. Of course, the Astros are missing three All-Stars but not sure it would have mattered last night the way Hendricks was pitching.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Cubs sign Carlos Gonzalez to a minor league deal. Interesting. Not sure he has much left.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Man our pitching hasn’t been very good these last 10 games.

Let’s start doing that thing where we win again. I like that more than the alternative.

[ W ] #32

Bats are back (at least for today)!

CarGo with a great catch out in RF, too.

P.S. Sign Craig Kimbrel please.

9DKHZae.gif

3 years for $43MM. Only about $1MM more per year than the Yankees contract with Britton. Considering no draft pick attached, that seems right.

By way of comparison, $6MM less a year than the contract Wade Davis signed with the Rockies leading into 2018.

3 years for $43MM. Only about $1MM more per year than the Yankees contract with Britton. Considering no draft pick attached, that seems right.

By way of comparison, $6MM less a year than the contract Wade Davis signed with the Rockies leading into 2018.

And a 4th year option. I love this deal.

Jeff Passan reporting Kimbrel gets $10 million this year and $16 million in 2020 and 2021. There's also a vesting option for 2022 that pays Kimbrel $16 million if it vests, which becomes a club option if it does not vest. Passan also reporting that him joining the Cubs before June 20th is a realistic goal.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Jeff Passan reporting Kimbrel gets $10 million this year and $16 million in 2020 and 2021. There's also a vesting option for 2022 that pays Kimbrel $16 million if it vests, which becomes a club option if it does not vest. Passan also reporting that him joining the Cubs before June 20th is a realistic goal.

I read today that Maddon was going with a three week time frame which is what he normally does with RPs in spring training. That would mean the 27th or thereabouts. Could change, of course.

Non-Cubs related, but I went to the Braves @ Pirates game this afternoon and I cannot recommend PNC Park enough. The best ballpark experience I have had.