Chicago Cubs 2019 Season

Non-Cubs related, but I went to the Braves @ Pirates game this afternoon and I cannot recommend PNC Park enough. The best ballpark experience I have had.
I’ve heard it’s really beautiful. My daughter visited Carnegie Mellon last week and I’ve already told her that if she ends up there, she’ll be taking me to some ball games.

I’ve heard it’s really beautiful. My daughter visited Carnegie Mellon last week and I’ve already told her that if she ends up there, she’ll be taking me to some ball games.

I have a feeling a baseball fan such as yourself would really enjoy it. And fingers crossed for your daughter!

Progressive Field in Cleveland tonight with the Yankees in town. It'll be fun to set foot where the Cubs ended the drought.

I have a feeling a baseball fan such as yourself would really enjoy it. And fingers crossed for your daughter!

Progressive Field in Cleveland tonight with the Yankees in town. It'll be fun to set foot where the Cubs ended the drought.

Feeling the energy at the NYY/CLE game tonight really cemented how electric that game 7 back in 2016 must have been. Cleveland has great fans. What a fun evening!

I've seen it mentioned on this board (if not this thread) but does anyone know of a good alternative to StubHub?

The schedule eases up significantly after the Dodgers series. After that, 27 of the next 31 are against teams with losing records. Hopefully, the Cubs make some hay while the sun shines.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Does anyone else think that yesterday's bean ball back and forth between the Cubs and Rockies was one of the dumbest ones in recent memory? Especially the drilling of Rizzo after Hamels had already been hit.

Does anyone else think that yesterday's bean ball back and forth between the Cubs and Rockies was one of the dumbest ones in recent memory? Especially the drilling of Rizzo after Hamels had already been hit.

They are always dumb in my eyes, but yesterday was advanced dumb.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL

Yeah - but I did get a kick out of Rizzo stealing 2nd when they were ahead 8-0 after getting hit, though.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
In my recollection it seems like it's usually difficult to hit homers at Dodger Stadium at night but boy they were flying out of there last night.

Rizzo never gets to complain because he stands on top of the plate, and in doing so will probably get hit more often than your run of the mill hitter.

Caveat: I didn't watch the game, and have no idea if his HBP was on purpose, and refuse to look it up. :)

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Rizzo never gets to complain because he stands on top of the plate, and in doing so will probably get hit more often than your run of the mill hitter.

Caveat: I didn't watch the game, and have no idea if his HBP was on purpose, and refuse to look it up. :)

He was hit in the middle of the back.

Few teams are good (better than .500) on the road, but this team needs to improve otherwise I feel like we will be watching another wild card game this year.