Chicago Cubs 2019 Season

I would have bet all of my possessions they were gonna drop 3 of 4 in CIN

Philly is 3-7 in their last 10 and have lost 4 of their last 5 series. The Bucs have been atrocious since the ASB, 4-24?!?!

If the Cubs are going to kick their road woes, this is the opportunity to do it. Go 4-2 in these next 6 and get the road monkey off their backs.

In non-Cubs related news, how about the resurgence of Cleveland? Now tied with the Twins for the AL Central! Trading Bauer for Puig and Reyes was a great deal.

Only two guys in the pen now were on opening day roster

That’s amazing. Strop and Chatwood are all that’s left. Cishek and Kintzler are hurt. Brach released. Montgomery and Edwards are traded. Rosario sent down.

And beyond them, some of the later additions are unavailable. Ryan’s on bereavement and Kimbrel’s hurt. All told, only 3 (Strop, Chatwood and Wick) of the Cubs top 12 relievers in terms of appearances this season, are currently on the active roster.

Kimbrel might be back before the end of the Phillies series. Kintzler might be back for the Pirates series. And I’d assume Ryan won’t be out long.

Good lord, that strike 3 call on Kemp was one of the worst I've ever seen. The ball was practically at his shoulder level. It likely wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game, but still frustrating nonetheless. Not the first time a blown call has hurt the Cubs in the 9th inning this year.

Good lord, that strike 3 call on Kemp was one of the worst I've ever seen. The ball was practically at his shoulder level. It likely wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game, but still frustrating nonetheless. Not the first time a blown call has hurt the Cubs in the 9th inning this year.

I’m amazed Joe didn’t get tossed. I think the only reason he didn’t was because the ump knew he blew the call.

bdutts

Houston, Texas

the home plate ump had a rough game overall, IMO. He did call a high strike but the strike to Kemp was too high. He was pretty poor on the edges of the plate.

*Turns on Cubs @ Phillies after work tonight*

giphy.gif

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Philly is 3-7 in their last 10 and have lost 4 of their last 5 series. The Bucs have been atrocious since the ASB, 4-24?!?!

If the Cubs are going to kick their road woes, this is the opportunity to do it. Go 4-2 in these next 6 and get the road monkey off their backs.
So much for that positive thought. Man this team stinks on the road.

illini80

Forgottonia
So are they pressing? Not pressing enough? There has to be some sense of urgency you would think, but it doesn’t seem to show on the field.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
This team has been given ample opportunity to run away with the NL Central (or at the least build commanding leads) and just refuses to do so.

This will come down to the end of the season again and I feel and we will get bounced in the one game wild card once again.

Man I hope I’m wrong.

It’s frustrating. Statistically the Cubs are clearly the best team in the Central. They’re 6th in runs/game in the League and are 4th in runs allowed/game. They have an above average offense and a good pitching staff in the aggregate. But their pitching staff, particularly their starters, falls apart on the road. It’s been that way all year.

The Cardinals have a bad offense (13th) and a good pitching staff (2nd). They might be able to eke into the playoffs, but I can’t see them scoring anywhere near enough to do anything when they get there.

The Brewers have a below average offense (8th) and a bad pitching staff held together with chicken wire and masking tape (13th). Frankly, Yelich and Hader are dragging that team to an above-.500 record practically by themselves - that should be a losing team.

Last edited: