Chicago Cubs 2020 Season

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Fortunately there are no fans in the outfield seats. When Kimbrel pitches it would be dangerous out there. Incoming!

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Fortunately there are no fans in the outfield seats. When Kimbrel pitches it would be dangerous out there. Incoming!
He has to go now. Today. DFA him, eat the salary and move on. 11 homers given up in 22 innings pitched going back to last year. Closers lose it. He lost it.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
It’s not like he didn’t have a real nice year last year.

I think they had a graphic yesterday saying that from July onward last year, he was quite good but I could have misread it. Looks like he changed his delivery a bit.

I think they had a graphic yesterday saying that from July onward last year, he was quite good but I could have misread it. Looks like he changed his delivery a bit.

Yes. That was his problem the first year. His mechanics got out of whack and he couldn’t get anything over the plate.

Two wins later and the Fangraphs has the Cubs at 95% to make the playoffs and 68% to win the division.

Their AL playoff odds really show how there’s no “middle class” in the AL. The 7 “good” teams - Yankees, Rays, Twins, Indians, White Sox, Astros and A’s - all have an 82% or better chance to make the playoffs. (By contrast, in the NL, only the Cubs, Dodgers and Braves have odds that good.) The best odds after that are the Angels who are 4-8 and are given a 42% chance to make the playoffs.

Odds are pretty good a low 20-something win team is going to make the playoffs in the AL.