Chicago Cubs 2020 Season

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Just curious how many of the regular posters here don't have access to Marquee at this point and if not, does your frustration lie with the Cubs or your provider. I have Dish and have no idea if they are even interested in carrying it. I've been without NBC Sports Chicago for about five months now and my local FOX affiliate for a couple months as Dish is in a pissing match with them. At this point I doubt NBC Sports Chicago is ever going to be carried by Dish again.

i assume I’ll get it with the Extra Innings package.

Pay for a VPN, it's worth it for people in this situation.... It's like $5.00 a month.

Just curious how many of the regular posters here don't have access to Marquee at this point and if not, does your frustration lie with the Cubs or your provider. I have Dish and have no idea if they are even interested in carrying it. I've been without NBC Sports Chicago for about five months now and my local FOX affiliate for a couple months as Dish is in a pissing match with them. At this point I doubt NBC Sports Chicago is ever going to be carried by Dish again.
I’m a Neanderthal Comcast subscriber. So I don’t have it yet.

I’m not particularly worried though. If I have to listen on the radio for a while, so be it. I assume they’ll eventually pick up the network.

ETA - I do live in the area where it would be picked up when/if Comcast and the Cubs make a deal.

I have had YouTube TV for a bit over a year now, I think, and they have been great. So I'm more inclined to blame the Cubs for launching their way into this mess.

Brutally honest time: Part of me doesn't care. I haven't seen enough out of the organization the past couple of years to make me believe that they will be any better than middling. Throw on top the "We have no money" line and I'm just, meh.

I have had YouTube TV for a bit over a year now, I think, and they have been great. So I'm more inclined to blame the Cubs for launching their way into this mess.

Brutally honest time: Part of me doesn't care. I haven't seen enough out of the organization the past couple of years to make me believe that they will be any better than middling. Throw on top the "We have no money" line and I'm just, meh.

The issue with YouTube is with all the sports channels Sinclair carries. So it’s not an issue specific to the Cubs.

Chilliniwek

Chicagoland
Anyone have any idea how I, living in the NW burbs of Chicago, am suddenly watching the A's/Cubs game tonight on MLB Network on my home tv? Every game I've tried to watch so far has been blocked but not tonight. I'm also a Comcast subscriber. It's the NBC Sports California feed, wonder if that has anything to do with it.

So what say you, are the Cubs chances of finishing over .500 this season? 40/60? It seems they are extremely weak at all calcuable pitching metrics

So what say you, are the Cubs chances of finishing over .500 this season? 40/60? It seems they are extremely weak at all calcuable pitching metrics

75-25. Fangraphs projects them with 85 wins. That seems about right. They’ll have a winning season unless they have a rash of pitching injuries.

FG ranks their starting pitching 6th in the NL and relief pitching 11th. Not great, but probably good enough to compete in the Central so long as the offense does what it’s supposed to do.

I thought the Cubs were poised for a dynasty like run, maybe they rebound and have a better than expected season with Ross at helm. Chicago would be lit with both young Southsiders and Cubs competive. Illini open up home season today...bring on baseball.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
think the season will be cancelled? Heard there could be an 81 game season but not a full on cancel.

That's what I am seeing too. Perhaps it's just a prediction. Because of the slow rate of testing in the US, I'm foreseeing this getting a lot worse before it gets better.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
They are starting to ramp up testing in the Houston area starting today. I do think it's going to be a while. Unfortunate because I have tickets to the Sunday game in London versus the Cardinals. Don't think we're going to go now, even if they have the game and it's fully cleared.

For the Cubs fans on here who are looking for something to listen to, 670 the Score in Chicago will air every game of the Cubs 2016 postseason run starting April 1 and going all the way through April 17. Here is the schedule of when they will air each day:

April 1, 6 p.m.: NLDS Game 1
April 2, 7 p.m.: NLDS Game 2
April 3, 6 p.m.: NLDS Game 3
April 4: 5 p.m.: NLDS Game 4
April 5, noon: NLCS Game 1
April 6, 6 p.m.: NLCS Game 2
April 7, 6 p.m.: NLCS Game 3
April 8, 6 p.m.: NLCS Game 4
April 9, 7 p.m.: NLCS Game 5
April 10, 6 p.m.: NLCS Game 6
April 11, 5 p.m.: World Series Game 1
April 12, noon: World Series Game 2
April 13, 6 p.m.: World Series Game 3
April 14, 6 p.m.: World Series Game 4
April 15, 6 p.m.: World Series Game 5
April 16, 7 p.m.: World Series Game 6
April 17, 6 p.m.: World Series Game 7

Blaming the Cubs for all of this!

The big question to me isn't if they will be able to start (I think they can find an opportunity to start the season), but rather completing season might be the biggest concern.

You may have missed this posted earlier in this thread, but I think it's overly optimistic for a July 1 deadline. The health of fans and players should be the top priority. To me, the risks of an abbreviated season are just not worth it.

I think the commissioner needs to cancel the season and owners need to find means to help cover the wages of employees most vulnerably impacted.

Last edited: