Chicago State replaces Wright State on Nov 26

Bummer. Hope we can replace with another opponent. Seems that teams not quarantining are always going to be trying to get games on the schedule (even after the season has started), so definitely not too late to fill.

Depaul cancelled games against Chicago St and Alcorn st, maybe either of those would want to fill in for Wright St. But agreed big bummer since Wright St was likely the only true test of the 3 games.

Depaul cancelled games against Chicago St and Alcorn st, maybe either of those would want to fill in for Wright St. But agreed big bummer since Wright St was likely the only true test of the 3 games.

Duquesne and Cincinnati also not playing in a previously scheduled MTE. Would be really solid to get either of those programs.

haasi

New York
Bummer bummer bummer. Hopefully a one off blip and not a sign of things to come.

Agree, find another opponent and move on. Does Western Ill, Eastern Ill, Illinois St, Bradley, Southern Ill have any other plans?
Just want to see the team out on the court.

chrisRunner7

Spokane, WA
What are the odds this season actually finishes and a Tournament gets played this point? 50/50?
I'd hope it's much better than that, especially if they could delay the tourney until May if necessary and if players might be getting vaccines in February or something.

I really wonder what lengths the players are doing to stay healthy. Like, are they eating in a cafeteria with other students, or are they eating at home in their apartments? Are they taking all classes online? Are they going into grocery stores with masks or instead doing the curbside pickup thing where the groceries just get placed in the trunk?

If I were on the team, I'd be avoiding contact with almost everyone who isn't in the basketball program just to make sure I don't miss the Duke game, the Baylor game, etc. But I don't think like a 19-year-old student anymore, either.

illini80

Forgottonia
I’m struggling to even see a path forward for the season to happen at all at this point let alone giving it 50/50 odds.
I hope not, but i could easily see them stripping it back to B10 only like football.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
SLU, DePaul, and Creighton all pulling out of games due to COVID-19 concerns. Hope this doesn't snowball.

LoL CV Illini ...Pitino May Madness with Hookers..:)

really late for a Wright sub... Chicago State seems like a logical sub considering proximity?

illini80

Forgottonia
Good interview this morning with Nagy on wdws. Interesting that in Ohio the contact tracing guys are out longer than a positive test. They had 1 player test asymptomatic positive and lost 6 I think to contact tracing. 6 players already had it so are free to play but they didn’t want to try and play 3 games in 3 days with only 6 players.

altenberger22

South Carolina
Bad signs looming:

* we're in the midst of a world-wide pandemic
* cold weather pushing people indoors; cases will consequently rise even more
* Covid deaths have doubled in the past couple of weeks
* nationally, we've shot to 200,000 Covid cases daily; just recently 30,000 daily cases was considered high (or BAD)
* contact tracing rules are very conservative and restrictive (particularly given the coronavirus impact on young fit, healthy college athletes)
* unlike football, basketball programs don't have the sheer numbers to survive contact tracing; similar to Wright State, one positive diagnosis is going to shut a team down for roughly 3 weeks

I had COVID about a month ago. According to the county health department the first day of symptom onset is day 0 and then it’s ten days from that point (assuming symptoms and fever have abated) whereas it’s 14 days from day 0 for contacts traced to a known positive to account for the incubation period. I think I have that right.

Good interview this morning with Nagy on wdws. Interesting that in Ohio the contact tracing guys are out longer than a positive test. They had 1 player test asymptomatic positive and lost 6 I think to contact tracing. 6 players already had it so are free to play but they didn’t want to try and play 3 games in 3 days with only 6 players.
That is how it is in Illinois also. Contact traced individuals are out longer.