Chicago White Sox 2019

illini55

The Villages, FL
All of you who took me to the woodshed when I suggested Tim Anderson would lead off, owe me an apology. I'm waiting...

Dane Dunning continues to impress, holding a potent Twins lineup in check.

Sox playoff magic number is at 2 and it's 9 to clinch the division. :rock:

Last edited:
I believe that they think Bummer will be back sooner rather than later and that is why they stood pat in the reliever role, though adding another arm wouldn't have hurt anything. I'm glad we didn't give up the farm to get someone. I think Dunning or Cease can be a good enough #3 to make noise this year anyway.
Rodon will not have enough time to stretch out his availability pitch count /innings to starter range so Bummer and Rodon will be exceptional LH relief additions. Dunning is at starter pitch count level and doing great...Keuchal should be back...Pitching should be deep enough with quality arms, Defense a pitchers best friend has 3 Gold glove quality members in CF, 2nd base (x 2) and backup IF Of ...the only actual winner of the 3 Yolmer Sanchez, experience/leadership quality...Abreu, Grandal, Anderson, Keuchal. Players in prime , Anderson, Giolito, Grandal, Abreu to lead youth 5 tool talents...Robert, Jiminez and Moncada...jeez should be fun at minimum...reminiscent of KC Royals from a few years back.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
All of you who took me to the woodshed when I suggested Tim Anderson would lead off, owe me an apology. I'm waiting...
I'll eat that crow. I didn't think TA would have another season with a batting average that high again. His evolution as a hitter is a bright spot for the Sox player development, both TA and the Sox deserve a ton of credit for what he has turned into.

illini55

The Villages, FL
I'll eat that crow. I didn't think TA would have another season with a batting average that high again. His evolution as a hitter is a bright spot for the Sox player development, both TA and the Sox deserve a ton of credit for what he has turned into.
Thanks! Anyone who advertises they are an Illini fan in Iowa gets my utmost respect.

unimaroon

Baja Ontario
I have jumped on the bandwagon. As an occasional Sox fan since the days of Fox, Aparicio,, Peters, etc I hope I might have a bandwagon jumping pass in this strange time. This team is great fun.

Ricky needs to have Robert lay down a bunt, just so he can remember what it feels like to make contact. Ditto for Moncada.

I remember the end of 2005 being similar to this , limping in , then starting pitching and clutch hitting took over and allowed Ozzie to not have to make many bullpen decisions (which was a good thing)haha. Go Sox !!!

Renteria got pantsed last night, bringing in Rodon ahead of Plummer...oof...I have been a huge Renteria supporter...We need a couple wins for seeding I feel. then again haven't looked at playoffs and who would play who and 2nd round...time to get hot...

SuperMetroid

Evanston
Crazy stat of the day: Oakland had only played 6 games against teams with winning records before today. If Kuechel is anywhere near as good as Gio was today, we’ve got a good shot to sweep.

Crazy stat of the day: Oakland had only played 6 games against teams with winning records before today. If Kuechel is anywhere near as good as Gio was today, we’ve got a good shot to sweep.

That’s right! Just the games against the Padres and Dodgers. An effect of the “siloed” scheduling. Crazy.

Similarly, I’m wondering how much of the crazy low batting averages in the two Central divisions is a product of bad hitting versus everyone only playing games against teams with Bauer, Darvish, Bieber, etc.