Coaching Carousel

Deleted member 643761

D
Vandy reportedly looking at Johnny Dawkins as a replacement for Bryce Drew.

Relatively speaking, is Vandy really that much better of a job than UCF right now? Even with Tacko and Aubrey leaving after this season?
Really about the money. Does vandy get sec football money?

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Not really like the USA Today to bite the hand that feeds. Hadn't realized what a spectacular showcase of sleaze this year's tournament has become.
A lot of sleaze for sure. But in a strange way, I can live with the sleaze coaches if they are at the mid-major level. Like Sampson at Houston. For tournament purposes, it creates some good matchups. Its when they get the power 5 jobs again as Pearl did, and the ESPN's and CBS' of the world try to forget all of their transgressions for the sake of keeping the NCAA STUDENT before Athlete image intact that I get annoyed.

chiefini

Rockford, Illinois
Link to USA Today article.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...arl-auburn-march-madness-sweet-16/3301783002/

And hear is a celebratory article about Pearl and Sampson.

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...-back-after-show-causes-penalties/3301146002/

Question - What do they have in common other than that they are corrupt coaches?

Answer - They both did major damage to Illinois.

Both of these guys are despicable sleaze, plus, Roy and Cal are right up there with them even though they’ve not been punished. Who do you cheer for, Auburn or NC? Ugh. Neither. Hopefully, some day karma catches up to all four of them...

Last edited:

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
Both of these guys are despicable sleaze, plus, Roy and Cal are right up there with them even though they’ve not been punished. Who do you cheer for, Auburn or NC? Ugh. Neither. Hopefully, some day karma catches up to all four of them...
Kind of amazing that there is so much sleaze in the Sweet Sixteen that there wasn't even enough room in the article to mention Will Wade!

Deleted member 29907

D
They're reportedly set to offer him a multi year deal worth $3.5 million/year. Wouldn't surprise me if this was in the works for awhile and wasn't announced til Va Tech got eliminated.
Word is they have now offered. I guess Buzz is his own agent and no one reached out to the Tech AD at any point prior...

Deleted member 643761

D
I'm skeptical on Hoiberg. Not convinced he'll get the talent. Does he still have the fire?

I think this moves the needle for Nebraska to be consistently in the top half of the Big Ten. Hoiberg is a great hire for them and paired with their resources will be a dangerous combo.

Hoiberg was Transfer U at ISU so wasn't a huge HS recruiter before he left. Will be interesting to see his strategy at Nebby.