Coaching Carousel

Montana State has parted way with head coach Brian Fish. In his 5 seasons in Bozeman, he finished no higher than 6th in the Big Sky.

This moves comes just a month after Fish's daughter died at the age of 29 from undisclosed causes. While I can get Montana State having to make a move, the timing on this couldn't be worse.

Deleted member 643761

D
Montana State has parted way with head coach Brian Fish. In his 5 seasons in Bozeman, he finished no higher than 6th in the Big Sky.

This moves comes just a month after Fish's daughter died at the age of 29 from undisclosed causes. While I can get Montana State having to make a move, the timing on this couldn't be worse.
Or better?

He gets a paid year or two off.

Yes sorry to hear about this.

Get out of Dodge or Lawrence before the hammer comes down.
Classic corporate move: (1) get busted for problem; (2) clear out the people responsible for the problem; (3) investigate the problem; (4) report that investigation showed no one responsible for the problem; (5) profit.

Get out of Dodge or Lawrence before the hammer comes down.

If he leaves, it isn't to avoid a hammer. It's Kansas. The NCAA isn't doing anything to them. If he leaves, it is because he's at an age where, if he's going to try the NBA, it has to be soon and because he's trying to generally avoid recruiting and its headaches.

Or better?

He gets a paid year or two off.

Yes sorry to hear about this.

Oh sure yeah, great Montana State. It couldn't wait a year. You know a powerhouse like Montana State could really suffer from another .500 record.

Rumor--Miles going to be fired and AD's buddy, Dana Altman takes the job. We certainly don't need a big time cheater like Altman in the BIG.

Dren1

Glenview, IL
Rumor--Miles going to be fired and AD's buddy, Dana Altman takes the job. We certainly don't need a big time cheater like Altman in the BIG.
I am not sure why he would go from Oregon to Nebraska regardless of his friendship with the NU AD. It seems like Oregon has many more advantages.:noidea:

Haha, well ok on no Altman, would you settle for The Mayor?
I would be moderately surprised to see The Mayor coaching at the college level again. But perhaps he would. If it were Nebraska, I think he'd do good things for that program.

Oregon doesn't lose to Nebraska, Mayor doesn't run in Nebraska, if Miles gets canned (I think he should want to be) they better have someone lined up or they go through what we had to go through finding a fit....He only really has what Roby back, I would hope to get a payout in that case, they have no recruits either coming in?

3 3* guards basically?

Deleted member 746273

D

Wrong guy. Fred hoiberg is the name floating around.

Hoiberg to Nebraska is picking up steam. Reports are they have had advanced discussions and Miles has not yet been fired, which is odd.

the national

the Front Range
That is a strange development. I don’t see why Fred would take a really tough job like that. The facilities are new but he will have to recruit his tail off. That contradicts his previous statements.

ILLINI IN NE

Omaha,Ne.
Hoiberg to Nebraska is picking up steam. Reports are they have had advanced discussions and Miles has not yet been fired, which is odd.

There was an article in our paper about this today. I didn't know he was born in Lincoln and his kid plays for Izzo. The article also says he has said he would prefer another NBA job.

The NU AD said he has not talked to Miles about his future and won't until their season is over, maybe they win the NIT to save his job.