Coaching Carousel

Matt Luke is out at Ole Miss. Lots of SEC turnover, not that these changes weren’t expected.

Both Tim Beck and Todd Orlando are out as coordinators in Texas.

California
Lots of teams will be after Fickell and Norvell.

They stand to make some major money if they want it!

Cincinnati, OH
Matt Luke is out at Ole Miss. Lots of SEC turnover, not that these changes weren’t expected.

Supposedly a $17+ million buyout for Luke and his staff at Ole Miss.

Plainfield

Who would want to work for that AD. A week ago he said how excited he was with Coach Luke and how they were headed in a great direction. A week later you fire him? If you had thoughts of making a change be judicious enough to shut your mouth last week. The AD looks like an idiot or a liar - or both.
As to Texas isn’t it crazy how Tom Herman was the savior a few years ago and now he’s looking for two new coordinators? Does this ever work?

Who would want to work for that AD. A week ago he said how excited he was with Coach Luke and how they were headed in a great direction. A week later you fire him? If you had thoughts of making a change be judicious enough to shut your mouth last week. The AD looks like an idiot or a liar - or both.
As to Texas isn’t it crazy how Tom Herman was the savior a few years ago and now he’s looking for two new coordinators? Does this ever work?
He just needs to name himself OC and hire his son, nephew or cousin as TE coach (no experience necessary).

Looking at all the coaching changes helps me put Lovie and Josh in perspective. This really was a long term commitment from the AD.
I like Lovie but still unsure of the future. The recruitment of better players makes me hopeful. The in game shenanigans drives me batty.
However when I consider all the names and programs listed in this post I have to say looking around for another coach doesn't seem very inviting.
Are there any of the fired coaches you would take over Lovie right now?

Not fired, no. The only acceptable change would be an up and comer with proven success and that would undermine everything we're building so the payoff would have to be huge.

Wow, that's got to be a job-in-waiting scenario or something really bad, right?
Release from UW says he will "will transition into a leadership advisory role for Husky Athletics." "I'll be a Husky for life, but now is the right time for me to step away from my head coaching duties, and recharge."

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
According to Wikipedia (a reliable source, I know), Peterson is stepping down as coach and taking on a "leadership advisory" role within the program. Not sure what that means exactly, but sounds like he's done coaching.

I guess the tough year Washington had (7-5 and 4-5 in conference) weighed on Petersen. He's 55, so maybe just time for a break.

Given that he probably doesn't get as much national acclaim as he should, he has a pretty decent coaching tree. With Lake being named HC at UW, that means 3 Pac-12 HC come from Petersen's coaching tree. And then you have Harsin at Boise St.

I should correct it to "should have an opening", idk how they keep Helton around, he only took a roster loaded with talent to a mediocre record.
I would agree 100%, that's been my sentiment for weeks but it sounds like he may actually stick.

Release from UW says he will "will transition into a leadership advisory role for Husky Athletics." "I'll be a Husky for life, but now is the right time for me to step away from my head coaching duties, and recharge."
One of the reasons he stayed in Boise so long was that he had a gravely ill son and the family didn't want to interrupt his treatment. He moved to Washington after the son made a full recovery. I really hope this move isn't due to a relapse or some other health issue.

Plainfield
Not fired, no. The only acceptable change would be an up and comer with proven success and that would undermine everything we're building so the payoff would have to be huge.
Which I would agree with, BUT Tom Herman, Matt Campbell, Charlie Strong, Dino Barbers we’re all hot up and comers at some point but now? Who knows. Strange how these guys don’t always pan out even at places like Texas. Now some of them will probably rebound but there are very few sure things.

I hope Lovie can build and consistent winner - like Iowa/Wisconsin and then we can bring in someone to build even further.

One of the reasons he stayed in Boise so long was that he had a gravely ill son and the family didn't want to interrupt his treatment. He moved to Washington after the son made a full recovery. I really hope this move isn't due to a relapse or some other health issue.
I did not realize that. I pray that there's some other reason.