Coaching Carousel

Hearing Franklin was wanting a lot of money to go to FSU so they are setting their sights on Norvell. They better act quick with Ole Miss coming into the picture

Cincinnati, OH
Hearing Franklin was wanting a lot of money to go to FSU so they are setting their sights on Norvell. They better act quick with Ole Miss coming into the picture

I wouldn't be in a rush for Ole Miss if I'm Norvell. If FSU doesn't materialize and Ole Miss is his next best option, I would strongly consider staying.

Ron Rivera has been fired by Carolina (that’s what happens when you lose to Washington). I seriously doubt he’d end up here but stranger things have happened.

I dont think Ron has any interest in the college level and if he does it would be as HC. He's made it to a SB. He won't have to settle.

One other coaching move that happened yesterday that didn't really get mentioned on here:

Bobby Wilder has resigned at Old Dominion. He has been the only coach in the school's history, starting back in 2009. He also helped lead the school in its transition from FCS to FBS.

Buzz around STL is Jim McElwain is trending towards the next Mizzou coach, very mixed reactions on TigerBoard

Buzz around STL is Jim McElwain is trending towards the next Mizzou coach, very mixed reactions on TigerBoard
I doubt they could do better. McElwain is the hire I touted during those talks. He recruits and he wins.

Leach or Kiffin to Arkansa??
Best possible landing spot for Mike. He can recruit those surrounding areas with his eyes closed and the administration there will stay the hell out of his way. Like Cinderella and the glass slipper, it's a perfect fit.

He'd be a disaster at FSU. Wouldn't last 3 years.

Cincinnati, OH

Interesting, not sure I would be geeked about that hire if I was a Mizzou fan, but he's done well in his one year at CMU.

I doubt they could do better. McElwain is the hire I touted during those talks. He recruits and he wins.
McElwain is a very good O coach. Puts points on the board and needs a QB that can pass...and pass a lot. Problem - he has a hot temper and some if not most would say he's pretty rough on his players. Will that fly at Mizzery????
One more thing, he needs a D staff that he has never had as a HC. His teams at CMU and CSU gave up a lot of points.

McElwain is a very good O coach. Puts points on the board and needs a QB that can pass...and pass a lot. Problem - he has a hot temper and some if not most would say he's pretty rough on his players. Will that fly at Mizzery????
One more thing, he needs a D staff that he has never had as a HC. His teams at CMU and CSU gave up a lot of points.
Bold: 8th in the country in 2015.

At UF and that was short lived.
Well yeah, it was at Florida. We're talking about a vacancy at Missouri, an SEC program and should compare as such. Steps 1-2-3 to success in that conference is recruiting. You need to compare talent for talent, otherwise this conversation is null and void.

Short lived? They were the 10th best defense in the country the very next season.

Well yeah, it was at Florida. We're talking about a vacancy at Missouri, an SEC program and should compare as such. Steps 1-2-3 to success in that conference is recruiting. You need to compare talent for talent, otherwise this conversation is null and void.

Short lived? They were the 10th best defense in the country the very next season.
They play in the East in the SEC right? They beat the teams they needed to but, lost big to good teams in '16 and finished unranked. In '15 it was the same except they played good teams in their conference crossover games which were L.
After watching McElwain at CSU, he needs a very good DC. That's all I'm saying and he did get fired at UF.

Bobo was 0-5 vs. Colorado, 0-5 vs. Boise St, 0-8 vs rivals Wyoming and Air Force since 2016, and 0-3 in bowl games. Things can always be worse.
My nephew who is a CSU grad wanted him gone 3 years ago. I was in San Antonio and watched CSU play UTSA and the boosters at the hotel weren't happy then and that was 3 games into his first season. I was surprised he made it this long. I was also in attendance the last time they beat WYO at Laramie. My daughter graduated in engineering from WYO.

I
They play in the East in the SEC right? They beat the teams they needed to but, lost big to good teams in '16 and finished unranked. In '15 it was the same except they played good teams in their conference crossover games which were L.
After watching McElwain at CSU, he needs a very good DC. That's all I'm saying and he did get fired at UF.
They finished 2016 ranked 14th in the nation, with a top 10 defense.

We all know why he got fired at UF. He’s going to have to answer for that and if the response isn’t good enough for Missouri, he won’t get the job. That’s more than fair.