Coaching Carousel

Sometimes a little Google gets it right......

He is widely considered one of the worst NFL coaching hires in history. ..... ( Also in the collegiate ranks too)

Very arguably the biggest jerk I have ever met for more than 5 minutes gets the Missouri State job.
To quote Mike Zimmer:

"He is a coward. Put that in quotes. He ruined a bunch of people's lives, a bunch of people's families, kids, because he didn't have enough nuts to stay there and finish the job. That's the truth."

"He’s a gutless b-----d. Quote that. I don't give a s---." When told that we might might not be able to use the B word, Zimmer went one better: "How about this, gutless MF. You can use that."

St. Peters MO
Mo State is not far from arkansas and the said on the radio, people down there were missing him.....:oops:

Woodridge, IL
Mo State is not far from arkansas and the said on the radio, people down there were missing him.....:oops:
Arkansas plays Missouri State in 2022. Doubt Petrino is still there, but would be intriguing if he still is.

Rumor is he got the job over Art Briles. Guess they couldn't get Jerry Sandusky to return their phone calls. That musta been one interesting job search.
Complete guess here, but throwing around the rumor, even setting up an interview with Briles, makes any hire look like the second coming.

If I were a team that was going to hire someone of questionable background, Briles is a pretty solid way of making people say "at least Art Briles didn't get the job."

Morrison, CO
Complete guess here, but throwing around the rumor, even setting up an interview with Briles, makes any hire look like the second coming.

If I were a team that was going to hire someone of questionable background, Briles is a pretty solid way of making people say "at least Art Briles didn't get the job."
That would be some seriously twisted thinking. If they felt the need to use Briles as their Fabreze, wouldn't it occur to them to just not buy the stinking bag of garbage in the first place?

That would be some seriously twisted thinking. If they felt the need to use Briles as their Fabreze, wouldn't it occur to them to just not buy the stinking bag of garbage in the first place?
Look around. The most selfish, greedy, cheating scumbags are getting rewarded. It tracks from sports to business and now most explicitly, politics. I guess "stop hiring, promoting and voting for raging a**holes" isn't a rule everyone can follow. But are the ones who can't a**hoes, too? Because that AD is really signalling.

Look around. The most selfish, greedy, cheating scumbags are getting rewarded. It tracks from sports to business and now most explicitly, politics. I guess "stop hiring, promoting and voting for raging a**holes" isn't a rule everyone can follow. But are the ones who can't a**hoes, too? Because that AD is really signalling.
This isn't exactly a new phenomenon. It's been a constant in all those fields you've listed, and then some, for a very long, long, long, time...... and there is no end in sight. It is more an exception though, than a pervasive thing, IMO of course...

Depending on who gets hired, it will be serendipity, or a lost opportunity. Their “coach of the future” is available, but probably not in a great position to get hired.