Coaching Carousel

Conversely you have Holgerson getting caught with a hot mic losing his mind which to me is unacceptable. Trying to succeed and failing is different than tanking a season for some long term game plan that might not even work.

Would rather a coach try and just not win, than get paid a ton to do half a job now and the rest of it at maybe some point down the road.
The answer you or I would give and the answer Tilman Fertitta will accept are two entirely different things. This is where, again, I don’t really feel much sympathy for the coaches in these situations. You have to know what you’re getting yourself into. Dana does. He’s making the decisions he feels are best to try and put his program in position to be a contender on the National Stage to appease a booster that wants to make the University of Houston into something on par with the University of Texas.

South Carolina
Assuming things continue to go well, when would we expect negotiations for another contract extension to occur? 2021?

And there it is.

FSU deserves better, Taggart was clearly in over his head.
With everything I have read down here, Taggart was in a no win situation. The AD knows what Jimbo left...a freaking mess even though the recruiting was good. Players not going to class and locker room problems. Going to take a great coach and a lot of $$$$$$$$$ to lure someone after this.

With everything I have read down here, Taggart was in a no win situation. The AD knows what Jimbo left...a freaking mess even though the recruiting was good. Players not going to class and locker room problems. Going to take a great coach and a lot of $$$$$$$$$ to lure someone after this.
Eh. I mean, what you’re saying is all correct and more than fair but the actual on-field play is on Taggart. The complete lack of effort, the constant illegal motion and presnap penalties, the dysfunction offensively, that is solely on the coaches in that facility today. Along with that, he openly markets himself as a recruiting guru. He got smoked for some very high profile FL kids, that doesn’t go unnoticed. Overall, Willie just wasn’t ready for this type of job. He’s better off in the Group of Five in my mind.

As for the next coach, money will not be a concern.

Eh. I mean, what you’re saying is all correct and more than fair but the actual on-field play is on Taggart. The complete lack of effort, the constant illegal motion and presnap penalties, the dysfunction offensively, that is solely on the coaches in that facility today. Along with that, he openly markets himself as a recruiting guru. He got smoked for some very high profile FL kids, that doesn’t go unnoticed. Overall, Willie just wasn’t ready for this type of job. He’s better off in the Group of Five in my mind.

As for the next coach, money will not be a concern.
You are correct about recruiting. I never understood the love Taggart got from some programs. To me he was in over his head. I thought he would be given a little longer.

I follow FSU here because I detest the Gators and the U. Started following them in '89 because I liked Bobby. I pray that row your boat isn't hired!!
LOL, that I can understand.

Not sure of who else you’d target. Matt Campbell is definitely a name and I know Matt Rhule wants out of Waco. No one else, were I an FSU guy, would really intrigue me. Would Luke Fickell want that job? I have my doubts. His AD is gonna take the USC job too it appears. Maybe USC gets in on him.

St. Louis
Man, I am glad that Lovie is starting to have some success. With the FSU opening and USC probably opening up I think there could be a lot of dominoes falling in the next month. I know we aren't on the same level as those schools but I think the second tier schools would have been stiff competition if we needed to hire another coach. Like others have said I saw Fleckster and Campbell's name show up on the FSU hot board.
I'm glad that we won't be looking for a coach this year.

LOL, that I can understand.

Not sure of who else you’d target. Matt Campbell is definitely a name and I know Matt Rhule wants out of Waco. No one else, were I an FSU guy, would really intrigue me. Would Luke Fickell want that job? I have my doubts. His AD is gonna take the USC job too it appears. Maybe USC gets in on him.
My buddy is a big FSU fan and has been wanting Lane Kiffin for the pure entertainment value of his circus