Coaching Carousel

My buddy is a big FSU fan and has been wanting Lane Kiffin for the pure entertainment value of his circus
Lol! Well, it wouldn’t be dull, I’ll say that.

I don’t know who they’ll go with. A lot of the names we discussed in the thread for our job really don’t look that hot right now and we were on the lower end of the candidates. Tough time for a big program to have to fill a job. They’ll likely have to compete with USC too. I’m happy we are where we are right now.

Lol! Well, it wouldn’t be dull, I’ll say that.

I don’t know who they’ll go with. A lot of the names we discussed in the thread for our job really don’t look that hot right now and we were on the lower end of the candidates. Tough time for a big program to have to fill a job. They’ll likely have to compete with USC too. I’m happy we are where we are right now.
I really have a hard time thinking Urban isnt gonna be at USC next year. FSU is prob the second best available program, as far as prominence anyways. They should be able to get a top choice

I really have a hard time thinking Urban isnt gonna be at USC next year. FSU is prob the second best available program, as far as prominence anyways. They should be able to get a top choice
Agreed.

I heard Mark Stoops as a name for FSU. That would be an underrated hire.

For real. They don’t play Minnesota ball down there. You don’t win big games from the word “GO”, they’ll row your rear end out of town.
Run out of town with 20 million. I can't see them grabbing fleck but he'd be a fool not to take it if he has a chance

Rumors of the Greg Schiano Rutgers return are heating up. Former Vols coach Butch Jones was also interviewed.
Examples of coaches coming back to P5 schools?

I guess Bill Snyder picked up where he left off at K State. Mike Riley was better in his second stint at Oregon St. John Robinson was a lot less impressive in his return trip to USC. Any other examples?

Plainfield
Well we’re watching Mack Brown at NC. Too early to tell.

I guess Bill Snyder picked up where he left off at K State. Mike Riley was better in his second stint at Oregon St. John Robinson was a lot less impressive in his return trip to USC. Any other examples?
Bill Walsh went back to Stanford for a few years after his legendary run with the 49ers.

Cincinnati, OH
And there it is.

FSU deserves better, Taggart was clearly in over his head.

There are very very few programs that ever deserve success. This isn't one of them. (bias alert)

Last edited:
There are very very few programs that ever deserve success. This isn't one of them. (bias alert)
Deserve is a relative term, there is no definitive meaning.

Besides that, after watching our program suffer through inept coaching, I don't feel any other fan base deserves to be put through it either.

Cincinnati, OH
Sports creates binary results. Teams will perform poorly and have their coach fired. It will continue until the end of time. It does stink when your team struggles, but that's part of the "magic" of sports. The Illinois fandom is probably happier than every other 5-4 team out there because of the past decade of struggles.

Mike Locksley

Little Rock, Arkansas
Apparently Fleck just got a contract extension through 2026.