Coaching Carousel

Easy, Ohio State. You can pull more talent at FSU than at PSU. Clemson mountain is less of a climb at FSU
There is the fact that he has already done a tremendous rebuild at two schools (Vandy, PSU) and may not desire to do another at this point.

Normal, Illinois
Easy, Ohio State. You can pull more talent at FSU than at PSU. Clemson mountain is less of a climb at FSU
I disagree with the Clemson statement. They are one of the elite programs in the nation right now with one of the two top coaches in college football, and Florida State's weird refusal to upgrade their facilities despite the fact they should have ample funds to do so makes it a less attractive place for recruits who weren't even alive during during FSU's glory days (a fact that programs like Nebraska need to realize right now. School names don't recruit players), much less for a coach like Franklin. As for Ohio State, it's not as if Penn State has had its doors blown off by the Buckeyes since Franklin took over. The losses in 2017 and '18 were by one point each, and they kept this year's match fairly close despite losing Clifford early. They are the only team in the conference right now that has a legitimate chance of dethroning Ohio State in any given year right now.

Campbell and Novell are the names being tossed around by FSU writers.

Bob Davie is out at New Mexico and Tony Sanchez (Shame) is out at UNLV.

Sounds like Joe Moorhead and Barry Odom are coaching for their jobs this week. Rutgers could do a lot worse than Joe Moorhead...
Schiano to Rutgers might be back on. Don't think the AD or administration realized what the blowback would be. No fewer than three NJ governors, including the current one, have weighed in on the situation.

Campbell and Novell are the names being tossed around by FSU writers.
I’m really interested to see what Campbell does. Seems like a no brainer candidate to move on, but from what I’ve read he has a very good relationship with his AD and I think I saw that they have gotten,!or it is in the works, new facilities. Wouldn’t completely surprise me if he waited for a job he really wants rather than just jumps at an open position that is a rung or two higher. But then again what the hell to I know.

I disagree with the Clemson statement. They are one of the elite programs in the nation right now with one of the two top coaches in college football, and Florida State's weird refusal to upgrade their facilities despite the fact they should have ample funds to do so makes it a less attractive place for recruits who weren't even alive during during FSU's glory days (a fact that programs like Nebraska need to realize right now. School names don't recruit players), much less for a coach like Franklin. As for Ohio State, it's not as if Penn State has had its doors blown off by the Buckeyes since Franklin took over. The losses in 2017 and '18 were by one point each, and they kept this year's match fairly close despite losing Clifford early. They are the only team in the conference right now that has a legitimate chance of dethroning Ohio State in any given year right now.
FSU won the National Title in 2013, there are plenty of players that know them as winners. My statement isn't a slight at Clemson, its a look at the talent both schools are able to pull. And despite FSU's recent falling out, they still have a more talented roster.
https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/
According to 247 which is not the bible, but just reference FSU has more talent than Clemson 878-863
Penn State is behind OSU by roughly 120 points. 974-857
OSU is the tougher mountain to climb

FSU won the National Title in 2013, there are plenty of players that know them as winners. My statement isn't a slight at Clemson, its a look at the talent both schools are able to pull. And despite FSU's recent falling out, they still have a more talented roster.
https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/
According to 247 which is not the bible, but just reference FSU has more talent than Clemson 878-863
Penn State is behind OSU by roughly 120 points. 974-857
OSU is the tougher mountain to climb
Great observation could not agree more

Paducah, Ky
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/eye-on-the-tigers/odom-s-out-missouri-fires-barry-odom-after-four-years/article_e46766f0-61eb-5f2b-9541-89b0e7620653.html

Less than a year after signing him to a three-year extension through the 2024 season, Missouri has fired fourth-year football coach Barry Odom a day after the Tigers snapped a five-game losing streak with a victory at Arkansas, sources with knowledge of the situation confirmed Saturday. MU officials were expected to deliver the news to the team’s players this morning.

Under the terms of Odom’s contract, Mizzou owes him his base salary ($450,000) for the five years left on his deal, plus $150,000 for every year he’s been head coach as part of his annuity fund. That brings his buyout total to $2.85 million. His annual guaranteed salary was $3.05 million.

Where does athletics director Jim Sterk go from here? It’s unclear whom Sterk will target, but a handful of established Group of Five conference head coaches should be appealing, including, possibly, Memphis’ Mike Norvell, Cincinnati’s Luke Fickell, Boise State’s Bryan Harsin, Florida Atlantic’s Lane Kiffin and Arkansas State’s Blake Anderson. What about Heupel, who’s gone 21-4 in two seasons at UCF? If there’s an attractive Power Five option out there it’s probably Iowa State’s Matt Campbell, who figures to be a hot candidate for other job openings around the power conferences.

Orange Krush '04 & '05

Where does athletics director Jim Sterk go from here? It’s unclear whom Sterk will target, but a handful of established Group of Five conference head coaches should be appealing, including, possibly, Memphis’ Mike Norvell, Cincinnati’s Luke Fickell, Boise State’s Bryan Harsin, Florida Atlantic’s Lane Kiffin and Arkansas State’s Blake Anderson. What about Heupel, who’s gone 21-4 in two seasons at UCF? If there’s an attractive Power Five option out there it’s probably Iowa State’s Matt Campbell, who figures to be a hot candidate for other job openings around the power conferences.
This writer seems to think Mizzou is a destination job. It would be a lateral move at best for most of those listed.

I still like the idea of Dave Steckel as our Defensive Coordinator. Problem is he still has a job at Missouri State for $250K and Lovie seems to like the DC role. But he has strugglede as a HC (1-10 this year at a lower mid major program).

As a DC at Mizzou his defenses were pretty strong. Having a well connected coach to recruit Mizzou, Ill, would help as well. But need a dedicated DC.

I don’t have the inside contacts that guys like 0440 do but I absolutely guarantee there’s no outside DC hire coming. We need to put that thought to bed.

California
The many firings this year remind me of the Red Wedding in GOT.

I wonder where Charlie will wind up. I am guessing a DC job somewhere. He probably has lots of contacts.

Lovie, hire him today.
Charlie should call him up and say, hey were both older men who stay in great shape, let's work out together. Just put me on staff so I can stick around