Coronavirus Pandemic

Houston, Texas
Two doctors I talked to said they would be surprised if there was not another surge of outbreak when school starts and during the usual flu season.
Australia will be interesting to watch to see if there is an uptick since they are hitting winter season.

Michigan
Personally, I don't see how we can come to sensible policy without accurate and widespread testing, of which we have neither AFAICT. Seems like that would be priority #1.

Fun fact: Whenever I talk to an ordinary person about a loved one in bad shape, they tell me how hard it was to get tested, if they managed to get tested at all. Whenever I read the news, the political elites, rich, and famous seem to have no difficulty. Maybe it's just me....

Houston, Texas
Personally, I don't see how we can come to sensible policy without accurate and widespread testing, of which we have neither AFAICT. Seems like that would be priority #1.

Fun fact: Whenever I talk to an ordinary person about a loved one in bad shape, they tell me how hard it was to get tested, if they managed to get tested at all. Whenever I read the news, the political elites, rich, and famous seem to have no difficulty. Maybe it's just me....
Which state? In Texas, it started as only people who had symptoms could get tested. The past two or three weeks or so, anyone who wanted a test could get one. Initially, it was challenging but once they got things ironed out, went pretty well.

Forgottonia

I can tell you in our county, at this point if you feel you may have been exposed, you can be tested for free by the health dept. Much different than 3 weeks ago.