D1 Hockey at Illinois

aka Flash Gordon, earthling
Planet Earth, when not battling Ming the Merciless
Actually, there are four: Minnesota and Wisconsin are currently ranked #1 and #2 nationally, respectively. Ohio State and Penn State are the other two. Surprisingly (to me, anyway), there are no NCAA Div. I women's hockey programs in the state of Michigan.
Bad research on my part. I looked at the Penn State schedule and saw no Big Ten teams. Assumed that meant there were no other Big Ten women's ice hockey programs.

My work time break to read Loyalty is time-limited for sure, so apologize for asking something covered in this thread: the plans for the downtown arena are still 100% on, correct? If so, I have to imagine the push for hockey will ultimately be successful.

The camera never lies
Champaign
My work time break to read Loyalty is time-limited for sure, so apologize for asking something covered in this thread: the plans for the downtown arena are still 100% on, correct? If so, I have to imagine the push for hockey will ultimately be successful.
Everything is waiting on a announcement one way or other. I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen. As for the addition of a Women's sport, nothing official, but if I were a betting man, I would put my money on W. Lacrosse. Hopefully we will know the answer to both in a couple months.

aka "Captain Oblivious"
Cynthiana, Kentucky
One of the major players in the arena is the local Mass Transit District and they missed out on the grant money this year. Hopefully next?
http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...other-federal-grant-downtown-development.html