D1 Hockey at Illinois

near Ogden & Rt 83
The jersey alone is why this needs to happen.
ahhhh

we call those "sweaters"

from wiki:
A hockey jersey is a piece of clothing worn by ice hockey players to cover the upper part of their bodies. It is traditionally called a sweater as, in earlier days, when the game was predominantly played outside in winter, it actually was a warm wool-knit covering

get it right, eh ?

Last edited:
near Ogden & Rt 83
1557969561789.jpeg

oh, my lord, what I would pay to see the new D1 team come out in the very first game in Orange & Blue versions of this sweater with Chiefs on it !!!!

talk about the ultimate mic drop moment in that running story

I named my then Golden Retriever pup, in 2010, Chief , after our beloved Illiniwek. Sadly, my Chief was diagnosed with stage IV lymphoma in mid March and lasted 17 days before we had to do the right thing. I miss him more than The Chief, but I miss both ALOT. There will never be another Chief Illiniwek, and there will never be another Chief, who was the nicest and most gentle dog God ever created.

Last edited:
Over and over again, "if only we had the money, if only we had the money".

Which isn't to say this is pointless, these are public pleas for the money, and not just from U of I donors. The Big Ten, the NHL, the Blackhawks, the City of Champaign, the State of Illinois, someone, all of the above, please invest some startup capital in making this obviously good idea happen.

you feel me, dog?
Elmhurst
Over and over again, "if only we had the money, if only we had the money".

Which isn't to say this is pointless, these are public pleas for the money, and not just from U of I donors. The Big Ten, the NHL, the Blackhawks, the City of Champaign, the State of Illinois, someone, all of the above, please invest some startup capital in making this obviously good idea happen.
Sadly, we don't have an NHL owner/alumnus as a mega-donor (Khan should've played ice hockey, lol). So, we have to plead. Sounds like there's been significant progress. Hopefully, just a matter of time. Sure sounds like it.