Dre Brown another ACL tear

KJKobs

Chicago, IL
Man, feel horrible for him

@DreBrown27: Breaks my heart to announce this. Don't know why it happened to me... Going to try and keep my head up. Pray for me.

https://t.co/4777m4DydB

Cgc2BXbWEAA-eYZ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
Brutal, don't know whether it's good or bad that it is his other ACL.

Jeffers_10

Riverton, Illinois
WHAT IS GOING ON. Why are the ACL tears so frequent....is it something S&C isn't doing? I'm sure they know how bad this is....right?

I'd say this athletic department made a deal with the devil at some point to deserve all this but we never got the glory years.

When will all the significant injuries to star athletes stop? Good gracious.

Feel bad for Dre.

Nicest most hardworking kid there is. This sucks, I will never understand.

Went through a complete religious transformation after the first one, got baptized, and felt he was all good to go spiritually, mentally, and physically going into this year. I'm speechless.

IlliniRocketFan

Rochester, IL
WHAT IS GOING ON. Why are the ACL tears so frequent....is it something S&C isn't doing? I'm sure they know how bad this is....right?

I have been told that first ACL tears could have something to do with S&C, but these are re-tears, which are easier to do then the first one.

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
Honest question to Illini fans older than me (I'm 26). Can you ever remember a time where Illinois sports has been hit harder by injuries?

Honest question to Illini fans older than me (I'm 26). Can you ever remember a time where Illinois sports has been hit harder by injuries?

I'm 35, so not an old timer by any means, but since I started following Illini sports in the early 90s this is unprecedented.

It doesn't matter who is in charge I'm afraid my feeling towards Illini athletics will always be this...

293344f48efe539b968f7883b2585494bf7426c9d092c7af894a1efd0b14aba4.jpg

A couple of guys getting long-term injuries in spring ball is sadly relatively normal. A couple of projected key contributors is unlucky. Two guys who just went through the same injury though, that's just so cruel. :tsk:

One thing is for sure: an offense featuring Mikey Dudek as the go-to receiver and a one-two punch of 4-star running backs Ke'Shawn Vaughn and Dre Brown could have been pretty potent. Thanks to this ACL tear epidemic, it's hard to imagine it having the same success.

Not sure why I keep checking this site. Seems like bad news after bad news. Feel terrible for Dre. Really wanted to see a DeKalb Barb have a great career at Illinois.

Jeffers_10

Riverton, Illinois
I have been told that first ACL tears could have something to do with S&C, but these are re-tears, which are easier to do then the first one.

Yep...that's correct. My doc told me that ACL tears make you at least 25% more suceptible to tear the same one again OR the other one due to over compensation. I have had three ACL tears myself, twice in left and one in the right. Honestly, after the second tear, it's the mental aspect you have to deal with more than anything. Therapy is hard, but at the same time is easier for high level athletes like these guys.

You notice he started mentioning that he wasn't sure if football was in his future or not...the mental aspect is already doing a number on the kid.

I hope he is surrounded by a good support group. He and Mikey both. They're going to need it.