Eastern Michigan 34, Illinois 31 POSTGAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
After today, I think this is a 3-win season.... tops. Not sure how Lovie keeps his job, and with that probably goes Whitman’s too. Something is wrong here.

Could talk about this game but what’s the point. We all watched it.

If you see four wins on this remaining schedule, then god bless you.

For the rest of us, we’ve entered the three month “what will Whitman do” period.

Well, it won't be a six win season now. Will Lovie keep his job with 4-5 wins?

It was a fun offseason of optimism and 2019 was good while it lasted but it’s all over now. Our path is 6 wins is officially dead.

The thread should be called fire Lovie. All I ask is to be mediocre and that doesn't even seem possible.

:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

Deleted member 652352

D
Our lack of discipline and clock management are the most difficult things to stomach about this one.

Getting out played is one thing. This was another on top of that.

Rod Smith gets the blame for me. How do you not run the ball to make the defense honest they sold out on Peters

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Good news is...we are guaranteed to go bowling this year.

5d5b46b349276.image.jpg

Deleted member 651864

D
Most reputable schools would have let this staff go after last season, but we offered a promotion to Lovie. Whitman and Lovie are both good people, family men, but can talk their way out of anything (politicians). We walk down a dangerous path with them at the helm. I'll always root for Illinois, but this is, and has been, a joke for a long time.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
I guess this can go one of two ways. They learn from all of the mistakes the last two weeks and somehow scratch out four conference wins or tank and go 3-9 again. Based on what they've done under Smith so far it's probably the latter. Either way you can't be happy where this thing is in year four.

Status
Not open for further replies.