Eastern Michigan 34, Illinois 31 POSTGAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to care at this point, I don't really know what to say. That being said I'll still be at the Nebraska game but just a depressing loss

Deleted member 8632

D
On the bright side, we have updated facilities!

Big Kat

Austin, TX
So who do we want to see come and start the next rebuild? My vote is for Chip Long.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Winning five games is no longer a reason to keep Lovie. You only keep him if you go 3-0 in the non-con, then win 2 conference games and are competitive in the other losses.

THAT was the only way 5-7 was a possibility for retainment.

Now that Lovie lost, it is a bowl or fire in my eyes.

Good luck Lovie/team.

gecIllini

Colorado
Mediocre offense and a bad defense will make for a long season (and always play the over)

Lovie must be fired after this year 4 and we lost to effin Eastern Michigan

Good news is...we are guaranteed to go bowling this year.

5d5b46b349276.image.jpg
be honest... how long have you been sitting on this joke? its a good one!

SampsonRelpenk

Edwardsville, IL
Robert sounds like he needs a welfare check on From The Stands right now.

His signoff: "I spend so much of my life doing this. And there's never a payoff. Go Illini."

I put this loss mostly on Rod Smith. Bad play calls all game and no adjustments. He put the defense in a bad position most of the game

EMU could have zero points. The defense still have up almost 500 yards. This isn't on Rod Smith.

I put this loss mostly on Rod Smith. Bad play calls all game and no adjustments. He put the defense in a bad position most of the game

If Lovie Smith hadn’t allowed almost 30 seconds to needlessly run off the clock to end the 2nd quarter, that last minute FG try by Eastern Michigan might have only been for the tie. Instead it was for the win.

This one is on beard man.

Bverdec

West Palm Beach, FL
I personally think Rod Smith is to blame for this one. He did too much to involve Brandon Peters and make him the hero. Corbin got over 100 yards and was barely utilized. We have transfers from USC at WR and I don't think they were targeted until the last scoring drive. But can't forget about the actual kids and the play on the field. Can't win a game against anybody with all of those penalties and turnovers.

The defense was better in the 2nd half our offense didn’t help them at all.

Winning five games is no longer a reason to keep Lovie. You only keep him if you go 3-0 in the non-con, then win 2 conference games and are competitive in the other losses.

THAT was the only way 5-7 was a possibility for retainment.

Now that Lovie lost, it is a bowl or fire in my eyes.

Good luck Lovie/team.
I'd say 5 of 6 nails are in the coffin. Not looking good for Lovie which is a shame.

SKane

Tennessee
The program looked great against MACron. Three questions.

1) Is EMU that much better than MACron?

2) Has IL regressed?

If you want to cheat, the answers are - no and yes.

Deleted member 652352

D
We paid EMU $1 million dollars to play this game.

Nearly 2x what Purdue paid in 2018 ($550K)

Status
Not open for further replies.