Eastern Michigan 34, Illinois 31 POSTGAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Leach redefined what Texas Tech's ceiling was as a program, so it's hard to make the argument that the off-the-field stuff was a stalking horse to axe a guy who didn't deliver results.

I think there was *some* sense that they'd peaked in 2008, that the job was as attractive as it was ever going to be, so why don't we get rid of this goofy jerk while the getting is good? A little bit correct, a little bit delusional about the program, a little bit Texas being Texas.

Maybe the same thing will happen at Wazzu, who knows. But that's a program whose other options are lesser, and who have seemed in for a penny in for a pound on the whole Leach schtick from day 1.

dgcrow

Kelso, WA
I think there was *some* sense that they'd peaked in 2008, that the job was as attractive as it was ever going to be, so why don't we get rid of this goofy jerk while the getting is good? A little bit correct, a little bit delusional about the program, a little bit Texas being Texas.

Maybe the same thing will happen at Wazzu, who knows. But that's a program whose other options are lesser, and who have seemed in for a penny in for a pound on the whole Leach schtick from day 1.

I live in the state of Washington, although still about a 356 mile drive from Pullman. But as far as I can gather, Leach is still well liked, and can stay there as long as he wants to. WSU fans seem to readily accept "the whole Leach schtick".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.