EIU 80, Illinois 67 (Exhibition) POSTGAME

Gunner23

Panama City, Florida
Ubben is a lot smaller than EIU's gym. How well do we shoot in Ubben?

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Let's see an official game first we are getting a touch ahead of ourselves

The game was a good example of a young team facing an experienced team on the road and failing to keep up down the stretch....gives BU ammunition to teach playing a full 40 min game and reacting to adversity....

also, doesn't count as a loss on the books but a loss in the players minds...will they take to the tough love approach I'm sure they are getting now ? we will see Friday .....

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
I agree. I think the way this team responds on Fri is going to tell us a lot about their ceiling this year.

Depends on many factors. We have an athletic period so we have a 1.5 hour shootaround every game day. I think around an hour is probably common.

And our players just ran lay up drills then played? How much time did they have to warm up?

TEYPAY

Springfield
Depends on many factors. We have an athletic period so we have a 1.5 hour shootaround every game day. I think around an hour is probably common.

At an away gym? I thought they had a shootaround in Champaign and then took a bus to the game. So they had a shootaround, not just at Lantz.

Hoosiers clip -- rim is still 10 foot high. Free throw line is still 15 feet away.

At an away gym? I thought they had a shootaround in Champaign and then took a bus to the game. So they had a shootaround, not just at Lantz.

Hoosiers clip -- rim is still 10 foot high. Free throw line is still 15 feet away.

Our shootaround is always at our gym during our athletic period. Probably could have been clearer with that. Except for playoff games. We get 30 mins at the hosting site. Agreed with Hoosiers, but as a shooter in my playing days, backgrounds really can mess with you. Still, even as vanilla as we went, it’s reasonable to expect that we should trounce eastern.

So an hour and 10 minute difference on shooting on the rims at Eastern?

Depends on how long BU would normally go. They were gonna get that 20 minute warmup either way.

Our shootaround is always at our gym during our athletic period. Probably could have been clearer with that. Except for playoff games. We get 30 mins at the hosting site. Agreed with Hoosiers, but as a shooter in my playing days, backgrounds really can mess with you. Still, even as vanilla as we went, it’s reasonable to expect that we should trounce eastern.

Depends on how long BU would normally go. They were gonna get that 20 minute warmup either way.

I'm with you on backgrounds. I just think if HS kids can deal with it then we can too.

That’s the joke

GlassAmusingBeardedcollie-small.gif

Most power conference teams lose some exhibition games. Does anyone remember that we beat Vandy on the road. I assume Bryce Drew has been fired.